Black Relationships : Pre-Relationship Expectations of Black Women

1 - Name three qualities that a man must possess if he is interested in dating you and why those qualities are important to you.

-Loyalty...He must be loyal to God, family, and the woman to whom he is with...
-Good Communicator...I think this important because he would have to be able to listen as well as not be afraid of telling how he feels...I don't like to feel like a mind-reader or assume he is feeling a certain way because he keeps quiet all the time...And if I have a concern I would like him to give his attention to listening to how I feel as well.
-Respectful...He respects himself, respects women, respects other's differences...There's nothing more unattractive then a man who doesn't take care of himself or doesn't care where he is going in life, he then has very little disregard and respect for others as well

2 - What three qualities in a man would cause you to reject the idea of dating him?
Violent/abusive....mentally and physically
Chauvinistic
Mentally unstable

3 - Name three important things you expect to happen in a relationship (marital hopes not included) and why they are important.
- Monogamy...Being faithful with just the person you are with and not stepping out of the relationship is important.
- Trust...If there is no trust then the relationship will no last
- Open Communication...each person should feel comfortable enough to confide in telling the other how they feel or what they are going to do or asking them for advice

4 - Name two ways you can tell a man is a real man and how those two things tie into your belief of what a real man is.
- He puts effort into your relationship in trying to make it work and keep it a healthy and stable one.
- He stays faithful even around temptation...or least he doesn't try to put himself in that position

Real men don't give up if they want something to work. Real men will know when a situation is going to compromise their relationship and will avoid it at all cost because he respects and values his relationship.

5 - What is your belief about relationships and money? Where did you learn that belief?
-We had this conversation about separate bank accounts...I learned my belief from my parents who of which my dad has owned his own business for almost 10 years...I watched how my mom managed the money and payed bills and balanced the check book....I think it's okay to have both joint and separate accounts as long as the two who are in the relationship are okay with it...however I only believe joint bank accounts are acceptable if the two are married....no joint accounts if their is no marriage.

6 - What is your belief about sex in relationships? Where did you learn that belief?
- I think that depends on the couple...Both should respect each other's boundaries...However, I think it's important for a couple to wait until marriage...i know I wish I would have....I learned my beliefs to personal experience

7 - What is your idea of a good relationship? Where did you learn that idea?
- Where both are genuinely happy in each other's company, there is trust and faithfulness, strong communication, they respect one another's boundaries, they take time to understand one another, they are willing to make sacrifices and compromise for one another...Through trial and error of past relationships through the good ones and the bad ones.

8 - What is your idea of a good marriage? Where did you learn that idea?
- Till death do they part, through sickness and health, through ups and downs they remain one. My parents

9 - Under what conditions in a relationship would you expect marriage to become an upcoming reality?
- I guess we would have to be with one another for a period of time (over 2 years), but that may change depending on whom I'm with...If we feel that both of us want to be together indefinitely, we both understand that there will be ups and downs and that we are going to work together to make the relationship a healthy and long lasting one.

10 - What two negative traits would you consider overlooking for the outweighing positive traits or working with him to overcome? Why?
Hmm....That's a tough one...I'll come back to this

11 - What two negative traits do you possess that you want a man to be able to acept or work with you to overcome? Why?
- My strong-willed attitude...I'm trying to be a bit more understanding, and open to other's opinions, but I'm usually like it's my way or no way...and I know that's something I need to overcome and if I could find a man who is patient and willing to work on that with me, then BIG kudos to him

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back