Black Relationships : Pre nuptual agreements

Pan, I was like that until my friend start going through his divorce.
His soon to be ex wife wants the house his pension his savings and wants him to pay for her cost of living and still pay her car note and the house note. But she was the one cheating. (Go figure) And it’s crazy because it is a down right out battle. And from knowing this situation they both started out with nothing but with him having the better job and making the money as she ran the streets. I have to say get a pre-nuptial. The beginning maybe dandy but the end can get rough. And here is a man who worked hard everyday to provide for his family and to make sure him and his mate had a life after retiring. IMO some women are just greedy or do it out of hate and angry. Then you got them women who think the man is to take care of you no matter what.

Peace
Angel

MzBlakangel, That is what I'm talking about. You just never know. It's not about thinking negatively in the onset, but about peace of mind. Most people who ask for all you have in times of divorce do it out of spite and BAD advice from lawyers...better to be safe than sorry.

I can only say this, Look before you leap!. If you got an inkling that your mate is a golddigger or is always out looking for a good time with YOUR money, Watch Out, 'cause this person is not Marriage Material. It is true that bad times can bring out the Ugly in ANYONE, so I say, if you got something to lose, get a pre-nup. It's always better to be safe than sorry.I'm trying to look at it from All angles here,but I still believe that you should really KNOW the person that you plan to Marry. Test him/her in different situations to see how one would act given a similar situation. It's all based on what you know and donnot know.

I wouldn't be upset if I was asked to sign a pre-nup tho', but then again, I would never be asked that ' cause I makes my own Money and spends it too!!!.

I just say this, any man/ woman that refuses to sign one, watch out for them. I would not marry a woman that refused to sign it or that gave me a hard time about signing it. It protects both parties. If she inherits money or starts a business later on, I should not be entitled to half. The money wasn't left for me and unless I took part financially as well as with time, I don't deserve any of the business. I hate when people try to use the excuse "I was there for you when you had nothing, so now that your business is doing good, I deserve half". Even though the contributed nothing to get the business off the ground.

kente417mojo said:
I just say this, any man/ woman that refuses to sign one, watch out for them. I would not marry a woman that refused to sign it or that gave me a hard time about signing it. It protects both parties. If she inherits money or starts a business later on, I should not be entitled to half. The money wasn't left for me and unless I took part financially as well as with time, I don't deserve any of the business. I hate when people try to use the excuse "I was there for you when you had nothing, so now that your business is doing good, I deserve half". Even though the contributed nothing to get the business off the ground.

When a spouse or mate says "I was there for you when you had nothing", they most likely donnot mean "there for you" in a financial sense, it means that they were there for all the doubts, stress, mood swings, emotional support and patience put into that Business. In that regards, I think that the spouse on the other end should get SOMETHING atleast. Because it takes a lot to start a Business, not only is it hard on the Entreprenuer it is even harder on the Spouse. Should the Spouse not get any reimbursement for the time they spent on the Mate?.

On the other hand, if the Spouse was Lazy, unsupportive, negative and uninterested, he/she should get NADA!!.

"He who Bakes the Dough, eats the Bread"....The Little Red Hen Y'all.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back