Black Relationships : Pre nuptual agreements

kente417mojo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 22, 2004
Would you ever marry someone without one? Why? I have a friend that is getting married but his wife has a problem signing a Pre nuptual agreement and he wonders if he should go through with it. Why is that? If she's not after any money then why not sign away? She says that it makes it (the marriage) seem less permanent by signing one. My question is, why do some women have a problem with it? Why would a man marry a woman without signing one? Is it a bad thing to sign a document that protects you financially just in case, especially when the divorce rate it through the roof. :tongue3:

I don't see why regular people would want one, by regular I mean the middle class. The state I live in is no-fault anyway, that means only child support, everything gets split down the middle.

Now if one person is rich, then I can see why they'd want to protect themselves from loosing a lot of money in case of a short marriage. Jennifer Lopez 2nd husband took her for a fortune after less than a year, that isn't fair.

I'm married and have been for 15 years, but if I were single and considering marrying a wealthy man I wouldn't have a problem signing one. I understand the reasons behind them.

IntuitioninMD said:
I am a woman. I would not have a problem signing a pre nup as long as the man takes care of all of the monthly expenses and gives me an allowance. Every year I should also get a percentage of his net worth and assets. The only items that could break the pre nup is if he cheats on me or abuses me.

Why can't he recieve an "allowance" from you, and a "precentage" of your "net worth and assets"?

indya said:
I don't see why regular people would want one, by regular I mean the middle class. The state I live in is no-fault anyway, that means only child support, everything gets split down the middle.

Now if one person is rich, then I can see why they'd want to protect themselves from loosing a lot of money in case of a short marriage. Jennifer Lopez 2nd husband took her for a fortune after less than a year, that isn't fair.

I'm married and have been for 15 years, but if I were single and considering marrying a wealthy man I wouldn't have a problem signing one. I understand the reasons behind them.

If you are a middle class man who worked hard to get a house, and start a nice IRA...you have GREAT reason to have a pre-nup. That house would be hers and he'd be living in an apartment if they ever divorced. It's not like it's easy to get a house and pay it off nowadays. It's not always about wealth, but about protecting what you had before you entered the marriage.

Personally, I would sign one if asked. I may even ask him to sign one...don't want to lose my house either.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back