Black Spirituality Religion : Prayer vs Meditation or are they the same??

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by info-moetry, Sep 16, 2005.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace,

Is not Prayer/meditation the sending out of positive energy into the U-n-i-verse so that those positve vibrations unite with like vibrations. Causing them to return to the sender, or who the senders energy is focused on at that time so they have the proper energy to deal with their situation that ultimately caused that individual to ask for prayer?

Not neccessarily praying TOO, but praying/meditating FOR a specific purpose usually healing. It is the summoning of a higher power (ELECTRO-MAGNETISM) from the U-n-i-verse that we are looking for & when it returns to us, or if the sender re-directs to others that "prayer" is answered.

When reaches out in this form & their "prayer(s)" are not "answered" then we must look internally to access our own vibrations that we are sending out or surrounded by. If your thoughts are negative, you will receive more negativity when you are done "praying", even if you ask others to pray for you who are full of Positive energy. Their Positive energy must be stronger than your negative energy for you to "receive" what some would call a "blessing". Even if the negative one is "blessed", watch very carefully to that positive one who sent you so much of their energy as they now may become unbalanced or as you say "not their usual self (ves)" without that negative one ever considering the fact that asking for "prayer" b4 doing an honest internal check to see if we/they are WORTHY of what they may receive caused the positive one to become unbalanced thru their negativity....

So with that said, I would like to also ask a ?:

Do we pray to an outside force, or is the answer already within depending on the "vibrations" we send out???

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE LORD INFO:

These are very pertinent questions that have equally pertinent answers for them.

Kemetic Theology teaches the difference between prayer and meditation.

Prayer (sending a message out), in essence, is "Talking to God" (whatever you perceive God to be), while Meditation (receiving a message in)is "Listening to God".

The human Spirit is like an antennae, that sends and receives messages all the time, from everywhere and everything.

God, as the Universal Divine Intelligence, is always speaking to us, even when we are not listening, just like a radio station is always sending signals, even when our radios are not turned on.

Also, God is always listening, even when we are not saying anything.

Thus, who has the more urgent message that needs to be received: Us or God?

The majority of people on this planet spend more time talking to (or rather even AT) God, instead of listening to him; baseless prayers about things that God is already fully aware of, especially if we claim to believe that he is the All-Knowing.

There is not a single thing that we have to say to God, that outweighs his message to us.........However, many of us are like spoiled children, who run to "Daddy" when we want all our problems to go away, but never want to "hear his mouth" when he is giving us some instructions or admonishments.

Thus, in Kemetic Theology, we are taught to meditate (listen) more than to pray.

This is also why I had stated in previous discussions (mostly with RALF) that "worship" is a mostly alien concept in ATR's and other Esoteric spiritual systems.

No one spiritually ascends by simply "worshipping" the Creator, or by worshipping anything else, for that matter. If anything, that which is being worshipped benefits infinitely more than the worshipper.

True indeed. Prayers should be brief and succinct. If you are spiritually in-tune, then the Divine/Universe/God will either grant your needs to you, or He/She/It won't, depending on the Cosmic/Universal order of things.

However, after this brief message out, the rest of the time should be spent LISTENING for the response that was requested. This is where meditation comes end.

It's key to remember, that the Divine gives us answers to things that we didn't/don't even ask questions for.

This is true indeed--basically saying the same thing I stated.

Keeping in mind that the Creation and the Creator are intrinsic to each other, the answer is ultimately "YES".

However, it must be kept within mind, that this is the linear, objective realm that we inhabit, so all things must go through their procession of manifestation.

This is why the lines of communication between Man and the Divine must be clear, and mutual.

PEACE

3. SUN OF RA

SUN OF RA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +6
    Excellent post brother SAMURAI..........

:lift:

Htp.u

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I am understanding what you are saying (as much as can be expected considering my youth on this spiritual path).

Of course coming from an exoteric religious system I've had to make mad adjustments in my epistomology.

For me prayer serves as a contact to focus my mind on God--to make him/her real to me within a given moment. It's about seeking God's face rather than his/her pocket. That gives me something to meditate rather than just sitting there with my mind wandering all over the place.

Maybe I will in time get to the point where I can think about nothing but I'm not there yet.

**DIGRESSION**
    Somebody in the astral plane was just here a few minutes ago because I felt heat as if there was someone standing close to me but there is no heat source there.
    **END OF DIGRESSION**

Anyway, it's wonderful to have three of my teachers together in one place--a triple blessing wouldn't you sy.

Keep doing whatcha doing.

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Peace God

In truth the emphasis on praise and worship in the church today is far less about what God needs than it is about what's happening in the christian music industry.

That is the way of commerce to create a need that can be met by what is being sold. The heavier the emphasis on the need the more products people buy to meet this pressing need. How idolatrous that they have created this egomaniac god who needs so much worship and praise just so they can sell records.

Preachers suppoer it because it gets the people in a frenzied emotional high that makes them more gullable. People go for it because they are taught to see the strong emotions as the Spirit moving and they'll miss out on the rapture if they question this or don't believe it.

It's a shame.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Peace God,

- Is not meditation the highest form of prayer?

- peace, which is why I mentioned "vibrations"......

- True indeed!!

- agreed, as our thoughts are much much stronger than anything that could leave our mouths. Actually by "praying" aloud one does more harm than good, which leads me back to my point of meditation being the highest form of prayer..........silence!!

-exactly, the depletion of one's enetgy for nought.....

- & once a certain level of spiritual development is attained one can send and receive messages from other frequencies, sometimes under their own control.....

- help me understand "the response that was requested", ? No doubt the "prayor" is looking for a response for what the "Prayor" has asked for, just not sure if you can "request" a response. Maybe I am just mis-reading what was said............

- True indeed, oftimes it is the "response" just not the one "requested", but still pertinent to the situation that caused us to pray/meditate!!

- Peace.... "As above, So below" we must "know thy self" for this line of communication to be clear and mutual...........

The mind is infinite!!

Peace