Black People : Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Writspirit, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Writspirit

Writspirit Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Is to make myself the best human being I can in th
    Ratings:
    +77
    I am a believer in positive thinking. I have no idea of the Divine plan. Whatever ones destiny is may be preordained or perhaps we can change it.

I feel fortunate that I have met someone in life I feel a simpatico with. I tend to be a thinker. In fact, oftentimes I am up all night thinking and unable to switch my mind off. I think about many things. The state of the world. Why we are here in this world. If we are here for lessons or to wipe slates clean from former lives. The gift I was given tells me many things and I ponder the knowledge and information given.

Some of us are born to missions but in order to fulfill them must be tested. Our fortitude and strength must be tested and sometimes sacrifice is necessary in order to rise to the mission for which we are born. Oftentimes to get knowledge. I am told some who are meant for certain life missions, do not get mates so they are not distracted from what they must achieve. While I was shown this as a child, I asked to find a mate in life. The gift informed me I was meant to be alone in order to achieve my mission, but a gift would be given since I merited it.

I met a man. I find him wonderful. Soooooo smart. He has a great deep masculine voice that I find very attractive. He is thinner than I would generally be attracted to but well, you cannot have everything. I can talk to him on any subject. He is well versed and really as an intellectual, I am so overjoyed to be able to converse with someone so enlightened. He stimulates and challenges and its just great! He's so informed and I love it. He is my equal since I tend to be a very cerebral person.

But now, the test has come. I met him while he was in remission from tongue cancer. I did note he was barely eating when we first went to dinner and he kept disappearing into the bathroom. I wondered what was up and finally he admitted that eating was difficult since he was recouperating from tongue cancer. OK, well that was not the best news but it was what it was and well, I decided I would not run but deal with it. After all, he was in remission.

He told me he had been misdiagnosed and by the time they finally figured out the problem, too much time had passed. Thus, the doctors told him they would have to be very aggressive with the chemo and radiation. It ended up his taste buds were burned out and it was taking time to get his ability to taste back but it was gradually returning.

Recently, he went for his tests and a mass was discovered in the same area where the original cancer was. The doctors said it probably was nothing since he is in remission but the tests showed the cancer is back or at least the chemo and radiation did not eradicate the original problem. Unfortunately, the doctors cannot use radiation or chemo this time and say he must undergo major surgery wherein they will have to cut the cancer out of his tongue and then reconstruct the tongue. Since Rafael is a teacher that means he will not teach for a while. He is a playwright and screenwriter so he can still use his mind so at least he won't be depressed. I do not know what all this new cancer discovery entails but I do know its very serious. Rafael is already soooo thin, I am worried he cannot withstand this surgery and I know although he is being stalwart and telling me he will fight it and move forward, he has to be worried.

I cannot determine Rafael's future or God's plan for his destiny. I do believe we live many lives so that if he is not meant to stay in this life, there will be others to come. Selfishly I wish him to remain and of course he does. I read in the bible wherein if 2 or more come in the name of the Divine, mountains can be moved and God knows I would like a mountain to be moved for Rafael. So if you would all put your positive thoughts forward for him to recover and be cancer free, I would be so appreciative if you would all put your best wishes forward.

Whatever is to be, will be. I cannot change it. I can only appreciate the time he has shared with me and I do. If he is granted more time with me, I am grateful. If not, I am not feeling sorry for myself. I cannot change what cannot be changed. I can ask for a miracle and I do. Please pray for one.

Thank you.

Deardra

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Absolutely.

I will pray that he will become cancer free and that God's will be done. I will pray for both you and him to get peace through the Creator, no matter what. I believe that He is the author and finisher of our faith and He is the great Resurrector, so no matter what, He has a plan for those of us who choose to believe in him, that; He is. We don't have all the answers but He does. Sometimes He brings us to places that we would never choose to go but, if we find Him, then, that's all that matters because, He is Life Everlasting. Have hope in that someway the Creator will give you peace through this ordeal. Our time is not His time but, He is always on time.

Peace.

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    You have my thoughts too

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner