Black Spirituality Religion : Prayer changes things?

We have to learn how to WAIT!

Part of OUR problem is that we won't WAIT for prayers that we have prayed to 'kick in' and change us and/or the situation. We are often ignorant of the devil and his devices.

For example, Daniel fasted and prayed for 20 days. On day 21, one of the angels of the Lord showed up and told Daniel that his prayer was answered on day one...but the answer was BLOCKED by Satan and his crew. Daniel was given the answer, but the angel had to then run back and continue the fight.

It is our perserverance in prayer that allows God to make the changes for HIS glory, and not OURS.

And, while on this subject, we have to ask ourselves if we have a true connection to Christ WHEN we pray. Sure, folk can pray to a tree if they want to.:eek: But they forget that one MUST have a right relationship with God, on God's terms, in order for true prayer to be answered. Read my piece "Jabez and the Sucker Play" for more on this.

There ARE prayers that I have prayed that have NOT come to pass as of yet. Nevertheless, I haven't given up on them, nor do I intend to! Plus, are WE praying in REALITY? Is the answer going to 'kill' us, or 'fatten' us for the slaughter?

Remember, God has three responses to prayer: Yes, No, and Wait! The Hebrews that were wandering in the OT after deliverance from Egypt prayed for meat, even though God was feeding them with HIS menu. The meat came, and while the people were eating--GOD allowed them to die while the meat was in their mouths.

Pretty powerful example, huh?

I'm no 'bible scholar' either. Just a bible student. But the subject of prayer is one that is deep.

Mike Ramey

Kebah this is no disrespec to you but the Lord never said this:prayer should change YOU more than it does the situations or things. Praying more to change the situation or things is selfish.

He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemine,he prayed before eating,he prayed to change the dead to make them alive, and well again, he prayed the blind girl and she recieved her sight, he prayed for the lame and they were able to walk, he prayed for a man that had legions of demons, and if you pray for others than you'd better pray for yourself as well, and God never said that prayer for yourself or anyone else is selfish, all prayer is ... is communication with the Father, that is like talking on the phone with your love one, or having an IM(instant messege with a freind, you know communication, that is what God wants us to do, communicate with him . He made us to worship him and if communicating with him when I am happy or sad or need something is selfish to you, oh well... No one is God but him and if he says it's ok to communicate with him and ask him for anything, and it will be given ,then I am going to utilize and excercise my rights as his child, to ask , praise, and jump up and down, sing. If I don't ask God in prayer then you may not get what you want,God says ask and you shall receive, that is the formula.

Abisha ... I'm feel'n you Sis ... my thoughts exactly. Why limit God? Why settle for only a little bit of his love and consideration, when He is the Creator of ALL THINGS! ... Why not ask for, trust and believe Him for ALL THINGS?

Personally, my prayers include all things, every single thing in my life.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back