Black Spirituality Religion : Prayer changes things?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by story, Aug 20, 2002.

1. story

story Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student of Life
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been pondering this question all day...I dont' know why...

but if you believe that everything is pre-determined...then how can prayer change things?

this may sound stupid...but someone help me out here

2. Abisha

Abisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    @ Story

I am no scholar and by far I am not Saint but for instance; I always thought what would have happend if Jospeh the step father of Jesus/ what if he did not listen to the angel in his dream about King Herod and how he was going to kill the baby boys in that town,
    what would happen?
    Would Jesus then be saved?
    who would he be saved by?
    Would he have been killed by King Herod and reborn?
    Would there be a supernatural happening and Jesus lifted by the spirit and taken to a location and fed by strangers?

I beleive that even if Jesus's parents were not obedient he would have been saved even if he had to be kidnapped in the night while they were sleeping, or the angel would have spoken with a prophet of God, my point is Jesus would have been saved regardless because he was on a mission for mankind.

In the Bible there was a man who fought in battle , he trusted God for every battle and won big time, then he got sick and instead of praying and trusting in God he trusted in the doctors, he soon died. The bible said he was a great man waxed strong in battle, only if he had trusted in the Lord as times before he would not have dies an early death.

There was another instance whereas there was a man named Hezikaiah and he was a man of God but death was on him; however, he cried out to God and begged God to let him live and God told him to put a fig on his ailement and he did it and belvied God and the Lord let him live 15 years more.

You have things predetermined but you must pray to keep God's plan in your life because the devil is right there with demons working against the plan God has for you and if you pray, than the angels that are appointed to you will go to battle and war against the devil and his demons(the ones who are working against you) for instance: if you are married and God has given you your mate, you are predetermined(destined) to be together the devil does not want your child to get here because he will be a christian that becomes a basket ball player then a preacher. That one child will bring in millions of souls, so he does not want you to get toether to raise him so he will not have a healthy develpment(anything to stunt this child's mentality) so he won't be a tool for God in the future. Satan sends Sally the woman of his dreams, if you are in tune with God the Lord will warn you of Sally before she has a true hold on your man , you can prevent it because God may show you Sallly in a dream, your prayer and fasting will prevent Sally to swoop in for the kill, if you don't pray, while the enemy is constantly working against you, you may think every thing is ok and he's starting to have dinner with her, the feelings grow and division is mounting, he is gone and you don't even feel it until it's too late. Prayer would have helped the angels in heaven to give her a fight, make a car accidnet happen that she would end up doing paper work that night they were intimate, you know God has a way of fouling up the devils plans for you and yours.

3. Abisha

Ratings:
    +0
    @story

I meant to say the night they would have been intimate God could cause a car accident to make them end up doing paper work and he would see that as a bad Omen and step off, God can make the situation feel uncomfortable for him and he will not want her.

4. story

Student of Life
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanx for responding!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hi Story and Abisha! :wave:

I think it's the devil that has us to even think such thoughts.

That our prayers might be worthless.

He's a Liar.

:heart:

Destee

6. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    A very thought-provoking question ...

what a great question story.

My thought s on that is ... if you TRULY believe that EVERYTHING is predetermined then I would think that prayer would not be necessary. In that case, having that belief and sending up a prayer I think would just be a confirmation that things are as "pre-determined" :)

I think most of us don't truly believe that everything is predetermined, some but not all, so prayer is necessary is some cases.

7. Abisha

Ratings:
    +0
    @Destee

It's great to see you Destee , and you have just STOMPED the devil's ego...Amen you are so right he wants us to believe God will not listen to us and our prayers are nothing but a puff of air, But Oh Buddy he is so wrong,God not only hears but answers, if we give him time. We can change plenty of things that were negatively in store for us. Many time we may pray and may not even know what we are praying for, but when the 911 happened, I heard there were some people that was suppose to be in those buildings but they called in on that day, or was late. Satan has things predetermined, but because of our prayers we escape danger seen and unseen, and by prayer we get blessings seen and unseen, and before you know it you just become BLESSED and you wonder, man how did I get that? Well either you prayed or someone else prayed for you without your knowldge.

8. Kebah

Kebah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Work
    Ratings:
    +1
    Prayer should change YOU more than it does the situations or things. Praying more to change the situation or things is selfish. One needs to pray for deliverance in viewing and feeling different about the situation. This helps in dealing with it. Many individuals spend their time wanting deliverance from the wrong thing, only to remain babies by not being able to handle the mountains in their lives.

kebah

9. Cheril N Clarke

Cheril N Clarke Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i hear you....i have been praying Lord..."If you just change Me for the situation...I know that it is not too much to handle...help Me"

10. story

Student of Life
    Ratings:
    +1
    my thoughts exactly Kebah and Cheril.....exactly!