Black People : Practical Analyses and Approaches Project

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    This thread will be a series of projects, including real day to day issues we may be facing in our individual communities. Any and everyone feel free to contribute with any problems you may be dealing with. Also, the intent of this thread is to be brain exercise where we put our cognitive abilities together to formulate various strategies and plans to further advance and evolve our communities. I'm hoping for overwhelming acceptance of this humble undertaking and have faith that we are vigorouly involved with developing, even if only virtual, interventions. Let's start....

Blackbird

2. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Visualization

Any Black Community, U.S.A.
    Population: 350,000
    Strengths: core neighborhoods centralized in close proximity, rich cultural and artistic history, a still semi-viable social support network, trainable work force, brilliant untapped minds, usable land
    Weakness: drugs, broken and incomplete households, high incarceration rates, poverty, crime, lack of educational resources

Interventionist (You): unlimited resources and strong network of assistants

1. What relevant questions would you initially ask to make an assessment?
    2. What groups in the community would you identify as possible organizing elements, if any?
    3. What thoughts would you have regarding community strengths and weakness?
    4. Would you seek to play on the strengths and miminize the weakness somehow?
    5. Any additional plans, concerns, thoughts or reflections?

Blackbird

3. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Thank you, Blackbird. I just wanted you to know I saw the thread and will try responding by tomorrow night.

4. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    check my post on Malcom's last document

Things in our community have not changed in 44 years inspite of our numerous toys and gadjets.
    However in 1964 Malcom X answered your question

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    No problem. Thank you for your response. This thread is intended for us to share insights and possible approaches that we may have overlooked in our own work, as well as, to offer support and inspire. I will try to suggest I know all the answers or any answers but I committed to do the work to achieve some level of development. I have found allowing others to critic my methods and approaches only serves to enhance my efforts as a more objective perspective is being offered. We must sharpen ourselves so we don't dull and our minds are always focused on doing the best we can for our struggle.

Blackbird

6. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Thanks for your response, Natinr. Brother Malcolm was the one that woke me up and made me interested in US. I respect his opinions on our situation as devout and devoted raceman, but respectfully, I'm requesting for your own insights. My questions were more to get each of us thinking more clearly and creatively than to have it outright answered in one blow. I can offer plenty of individuals I believe spoke truthfully to our situation and offered plans. As much as our problems are the same in each community, there are various nuances that makes each a little different, per my experience - having lived in different cities. One approach may work in one city, but offer adverse effects in another.

Blackbird

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    We need to build independent black-owned financial institutions including collective and private financial services corporations and consultants to focus on collective economic and political empowerment.

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    We also need "privatized" and independent mental health, early childhood, and family health services programs, working in conjunction with job/technical vocational skills training programs for unemployed, transitional, and youth entering/re-entering the labor force with a "living wage" program that insures a qualitative improvement in our overall health and well-being.

9. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Agreed, kotomaa (elder brother). Thanks for your input. I'm currently working on a few things, as my finances and the ancestors can provide. Hopefully, we can continue with this discussion where we all can share and discuss manuevers.

Blackbird

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    One option: Direct African Investment

Just to give you and idea what I am presently looking at.

htto://www.loita.com/afrsexch.htm

GSE Current value 6,718.88

Year to date change: 1.80%

Lately I have been listening to conservative talk radio and following the us financial markets. Concerning the proposed tax rebate. Conservatives are predicting the following effect.

1. Massive inflation.
    2. Worthless dollar
    3. Higher deficit.
    4. Higher unemployment,
    in less than i year.

Suppose African in American took their proposed rebate check and invested in ONE African stock exchange. Massive "export of capital".

This is what Japanese do. Invest in Nikkei index.

This is what Chinese do. Invest in Nikkei index.

Invest in ONE African exchange but first convert $ into African currency. Again, export of capital.

Just a "strategy".

This can be done on a "trial" basis.

A 1.8 % return is not much but its better than nothing. And with more investment it might actually boost the total shares invested in the exchange, which would lower inflation rate at home.

Just be prepared for the fallout in america.

[at the time i am editing this post only 46 folks have even viewed it, what does that say?]