Black People : POWER

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Radical Faith, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    What is power, where does power come from and how do we get it? I'm not talking about power as an energy source that activates machinary. Please your thoughts family.....

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Power comes from you leveraging and using your money properly.

If one had enough money, the boss would never get in your face threating to fire you, you don't need his money. So his power is striped.
    Those who fall and dont report discrimination fear loosing their jobs. They need the money. Rich folks and I have worked with some rich kids.. that didn't have to work. Had power over the boss because they didn't need his income to survive. So they skipped work, one guy came to work three days a week and was nver fired. He called us from a carribeamn island, and would bring picnic baskets of food to work that his mother had the butler fix him.
    He had enough to feed 10 of us in a warehouse and complained all the time. He was made to work becuase he had no character and his parents was trying to build some responsibility into him by making him work.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Radical, Power??? Power, all power, comes from Our Creator, who uses us to manifest it...

Now, on this level, the human level, power is manifested in many ways... To piggyback on Hodee's thoughts, which I agree with paritally, there are folks who've manifested power, and did not have a dime in the bank...

Exhibits A and B would be El-Hajj Malik El Shabazz and Martin Luther King, who gave all of their worldly assets to organizing and mobilizing Africans and others, and when they died, they died broke... Same with Marcus Garvey, and many others...

In the White world, dollar bill is God, so it is easy to identify it with power... True power in my estimation is derived from one's own magnetism, one's own intelligence, and one's own spirit... That is the essence of power as The Creator manifesting her universal energy through the human, or through the animal, through all life forms...

What kind of power would you identify with, Radical... That which I have mentioned above, or the power manifested throught threats of broken legs and wacked bodies?(smile!) Just joshing, my good brother... I know you are a man of the holiest spirit(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    I agree with those above.. but in addition.. power is who you know, and who they know. Power is wisdom.. of the world. The trust of its people.. and the ability to inspire change and make a difference. Speak.. and be not only heard. But understood. To be able to lead. The most powerful man in the world is not the one with the deepest pockets (though that helps) but the one with the most friends/allies who believes in him and in his vision. :yo: