Black People : 'Power Only Responds To A Demand!' Fred Douglass

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Jan 17, 2013.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    As you see and respond/react/overeact to yet another whitewashing of their stories, i. e., at best Ole Abe was up front about his flip flops on actually freeing them black slaves/allowing blacks (ex slaves and awfully free black men) to fight on the Union side, etc., who was by some accounts as racist as any white slaveholder, etc., also keep in mind the constant need or want for them to do so, to mislead us as to what their true motives were, up to how the true white status quo continues to lord over us all, black and white or otherwise, thru surrogates, etc.

The real Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were among other things slaveholders and plantation owners etc.

So, one has to place even the missteps plaguing the nation's present day so called war on 'terrorism' within a particular history backdrop, i. e., to what eventually has led to the rise of this nation to the level of a world power, which kinda sorta goes all the way back to how early U. S. military took on those Barbary Pirates, etc., which is why I urge you to take Somalia rapper's K'naan's video on his homeland real seriously...

My and the point:

What do you truly know and understand about our past struggles for equality/freedom/justice in this nation?

Maybe not as well as some here choose to believe (or believe others know nothing about at all)!

FYI...

2. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Always forgive the typos:

The actual quote goes like this...

'Power concedes nothing without a demand...It never has and it never will!'

Credit Fred Douglas (not Abe) for advancing our peoples best interests, during the white folks Civil War, folks...

Always give big props to our own leaders first!

FYI...

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529