Black People : Power-less

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    In my first work entitled: Pulling No Punches, which Brother Emanuel has a copy of, there was a chapter in there concerning "Education or Indoctrination". I spoke about how we have the same education that Europeans have. I spoke about how we have attended the same universities, and of how our people have fought in the same wars...and in essence, "how we as a people have basically been imitating the European". What then is the difference? How do they come out as nation builders and business owners while we come out with our sheepskin talking about; "can I get a job now"?

What is missing that allows them to take the next leap while we are only concerned about where we can work and earn the most money? Because they incorrectly state that "knowledge is power"...the idea that we have the same knowledge that they have begs me to question how is it that we do not have the same power? What do they possess that we don't? Since the word "powerless" is comprised of two words, which simply state that we have less power, and since power is equated with knowledege, there is only one area that we have less power or less knowledege than Europeans...and that's in the knowledge of ourselves, of our history and of our culture.

In fact, a serious study might reveal that that is the "one single area" where all other people excell us. Their knowledege of themselves, their culture and their history serves as a cement or glue in terms of holding them together and allowing them to move forward. We can't move forward because we're so busy moving and having to "look backwards" to discover who we are, how we are supposed to be, what was stolen, what's usable and what isn't. By the time we have finished looking backwards to find ourselves, we then have to start trying to play catch up as we look forward. It's a burden ! It's a [email protected] nightmare ! It's Tragic.

And yet through it all...we just don't understand, and it's our lac of understanding that still allows us to subject our future, our children...who we lie and swear to God that we love, to the same [email protected] that we had to go through all because we don't or won't act on what we know to be true...and we call that loving them ! Until that changes, we will remain POWERLESS...and less power means less knowledge...of nothing else but ourselves !

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

i can't say i disagree with much of what you said here.

but the bank rules, what do you do when you're hungry and can't get hold of money

now money is a beautiful thing but in order to live in this society you need it to be a constant. constantly coming in

and i quote you:

In fact, a serious study might reveal that that is the "one single area" where all other people excell us. Their knowledege of themselves, their culture and their history serves as a cement or glue in terms of holding them together and allowing them to move forward. We can't move forward because we're so busy moving and having to "look backwards" to discover who we are, how we are supposed to be, what was stolen, what's usable and what isn't. By the time we have finished looking backwards to find ourselves, we then have to start trying to play catch up as we look forward. It's a burden ! It's a [email protected] nightmare ! It's Tragic.

i agree this with looking back
    i think it should start early on to know who we are
    knowing how you are is not a bad

and the fact that we are educated in europeans ways does hinder us
    from finding us but isn't that the whole purpose????

you make very good points here

where do we start?

3. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: