Black Spirituality Religion : Power Animal Guides and Shapeshifting

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by tyab14, Oct 3, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    http://www.manataka.org/page291.html#THE POWER OF ANIMAL SPIRITS

[​IMG]

In the shamanic belief every thing is alive and carries with it power and wisdom. Power animals are an essential component of shamanic practice. They are the helping spirit which add to the power of the shaman and are essential for success in any venture undertaken by the shaman.

Shamans believe that everyone has power animals - animal spirits which reside with each individual adding to their power and protecting them from illness, acting similarly to a guardian angel. Each power animal that you have increases your power so that illnesses or negative energy cannot enter your body. The spirit also lends you the wisdom of its kind. A hawk spirit will give you hawk wisdom, and lend you some of the attributes of hawk.

Everyone is thought to have a few of these guardian power animals or it is thought that the individual could not survive childhood. Over the course of her or his life the person may have several. If a power animal leaves and one does not come to take its place the individual is considered, by the shaman, to be disempowered and therefore vulnerable to illness and bad luck.

[​IMG]

As far as shapeshifting,

[​IMG]
    Maybe there is some truth to this book series.

There are two types of shapeshifting. One, is like what I stated before, where you meet your Power Animal, and become one with it on the astral level. The other is where the Native Americans believed that you can change your physical form on the earth plane. Shamans are said to be able to change their physical self into their Power Animal thus becoming one. Some humans have been known to become possessed by their animal spirit and although they may not 'become' that animal, their bodies and voices take on their Power Animal features.

Do any of yah'll know your animal spirits or have connected with them on the astral plane?

2. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Well timed piece Bro. Tyab14. Last week I had an astral experience where I transformed myself into a Wolf. A major first for me. I've had lucid experiences where I've transformed into a Cat, Panther or Hawk- but never a Wolf. In Shamanism usually the Spiritualists learns how to transform themselves astrally into a predator that dominates that region. So for example, the Wolf is actually native to Europeans. This might shed light on why Africans imitate Europeans so much, he is seen as a dominate predator. I've heard stories from Nigeria about Male witches transforming themselves into snakes in order to devour other magicians or those who own them money.

There are many forms of shapeshifting, our people shy away from the idea when we start talking about animal shapeshifting- as in SnoopDogg changing into a Mutt. My Mother would tell me stories about this diary the Elder Males in my family would pass to one another, this book is supposed to contain recipes for certain types of feats like shapeshifting, which is not a uncommon talent for African magicians in the Caribbean. To be honest I've always debated the validity of those stories, but I've perfected an equation of critical thought that says when something seems impossible, think about the closest method in known reality where the smallest aspect of that impossibility is performed, then magnify that times 100- if it still seems impossible then perhaps it is.

In the case of shapeshifting we've seen thru science Men become Women and Women become Men. We ourselves grow from babies into mature adults and then back into Elder babies. We've seen skinny Women/Men gain weight and become 3-4 times their size. Or skinny Women/Men gain form through bodybuilding. We've even seen pets that overtime look like the owners, or owners overtime look like their pets.
    [​IMG]
    We've seen couples that live together for a very long time start to look like Brother and Sister. All of this sheds some light on the fact that the molecular arrangement of our physical form can be changed, modified and influenced overtime. So what happens if there is some method that can bypass that time factor?

In high school I remember going on a trip with some close friends to the beach, we were taking pictures that day. About a week later the guy that took the pictures comes to me with a strange look on his face, the first words out of his mouth were "what are you?" I asked what did he mean by that. He showed me a photo he took of me and a group of other people that day and a the right side of my body was transparent, you could see clear thru to the otherside. Quickly I came up with an explanation, because Humans normally need one or else they go insane. I told him this happens sometimes because I must've moved really fast into the picture the camera was able to capture what it looked like before I stepped into position and after. This was bs of course because if so the photo would've been blurry. But the answer satisfied a curious mind.

The truth is another form of shapeshifting is that ability to transfigure into invisibility, that day I was in the sunlight and near a large body of water- I've never been able to explain why it happens only during those times, sometimes I get the feeling that I could jump into the air and fly but only when I can completely entrenched by the sun.

I suspect that sunlight as well as darkmatter and moonlight are part of the shapeshifting method. When I tried to research this information by channeling I was told that when we turn up the energy level of the astral body it can cause a slight distortion which can appear as invisibility. For Shamans the astral body is associated with an animal form. Associating the astral body with an animal form might be a good way of harnessing it's power and learn how to control it- the point is we are all half animal anyway, but which is the question. Superheroes are reminiscent of that concept.

The Wolf is a European Deity as well as the Dog, this is why Mike Vick had to go to prison. It makes sense that would I learn how to manifest and control the Wolf, through the Wolf the European powers can be controlled. There are allot of secrets to all this. Sometimes when you want to attack an enemy on an astral level it makes sense to learn the power animal he or she fears and loves.

3. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Very interesting topic ...

I've also wondered (if not off topic) about Europeans obsession with Vampires and Werewolves. I've always wondered why the vampires are known as the half-dead, pale sol-less beings, while the Werewolf is jet-black in nature, powerful slaves of the vampires. These Werewolf have the power to destroy the Vampires at will but the Dracula/Draconian has hypnotized the Werewolves to be their servants.

A strong difference between the two is that the half-dead Dracula/Draconian's are night walkers were as the Werewolves can walk the day and night having dual natures.

Werewolves - Shape-shifters ... I was watching this video and I don't know what to think about it but I would love for you guys to check it out.

He has more videos on youtube but I didn't feel like searching them out ...

I think we all have an animal reality existing within all of us which I also believe is what the Kememu were getting at with all of the deities representing human animals. I know my animal and one of my daughters based on a dream, not from me but my wife.

Peace and Blessing

4. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Good one Bro. RU2Religious -Hopefully Mr. Trans-master isn't selling "wolf" tickets. He has several videos on youtube none that really show anything significant. But the method of changing or even believing you are a wolf is called lycanthropy, I know in the mental health profession it is said many people still suffering from this. In history we also know that Europeans used lactating wolves to nurse their children. There is allot of folklore about half man half wolf people in Europe, knowing what we do about breastmilk- it's possible.

Wolves are very interesting beings - Wepwawet/Upuaut the wolf deity of Africa comes to mind, also Set. I believe part of our spiritual power is in the recognizing of the animal Gods within us and how they work. The astral animal is like a being that goes out to hunt for it's young. Your physical body is the young. One thing that is clear about the stories of Werewolves and Vampires is that these creatures come out to feed.

The Shaman knows it's actually the other way around.
    [​IMG]

We are animal beings having a Hue-man experience.

5. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    ''when something seems impossible, think about the closest method in known reality where the smallest aspect of that impossibility is performed, then magnify that times 100- if it still seems impossible then perhaps it is.''

I've been 'guided' to this particular thought as well.

I managed to get my avatar to shape shift at least.

I was peepin this incredibly beautiful Goddess that was there with me in limbo, when I took this pic.
    I forgot to get name before I woke up.

The Gods are crazy.

peace

6. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Beautiful elaboration Meta.

That reminds me of the Werewolf Cult of Mali, that I often hear about that was spread to the so called New World by the Malians that came through. It is said the shamans used a sacrad rattle to summon a certain type of werewolf spirit or collective group of entities that were quite feared throughout the land. I have also seen this mentioned by some people involved with Vodoun about the cults were they get power to shapeshift into different animals, and of course in Nigeria.

Not only that, I know a lot of people who tell me in their dreams they always have a certain animal either with them or following them around, and sometimes attacking them. Some would say its an "animal spirit" trying to get their attention, or maybe something else. People lately also have been telling me about the black animals they have been seeing out the side of their vision, like black dogs, black cats, black birds, etc, etc.

Is their any coincidence dealing with the story of the werewolf that comes out into the full moon? Any sociologists will tell you about the increase in crime rate and other activity at this time.

Is their a reason why each nation is associated with a national animal, and some ancient peoples were united under certain "animals" such as wolves, bears, etc? Is their a reason why the neo-KKK police unit associate themselves with and love their dogs that help them attack their victims?

The animal spirit may not represent just an animal spirit, but a strong current of energy covered in a representational animal figurine. Ever hear about ancestors returning in the form of a family animal or statue?

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Greetings All,

You guys are speaking about a curious topic. Frankly, it freaks me out. Yeah right. When talking about it, try not too overly rationalize it. You will miss the gateway. I've known a few people who could shape shift fairly intimately. It is by knowledge of self that one is able to do it. Bro Meta said something very important about the science of it. Each of you are capable of shape shifting. Do the inner science on it. This is all I will say about it.

I will add that the Zobop in Haiti have the capacity that Bro. Tyab spoke about and their share a lot of characteristics to the Mandingue group in Haiti.

Blackbird (returns to the shadows)

*Watch out for scarecrows.......