Black Spirituality Religion : Posts Moved From Christianity Study Group Forum

thePreacher

BANNED
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
I just realized I didn't include a response to your reuters link.

This article shared survey results of which used religion to describe the lifestyle of a believer. Here's the problem, the world at large doesn't separate religion from relationship. Had I taken that survey, of which may have been written by an unbeliever, my responses would appear that I too am religious..far from the truth. Incorporating fellowship and prayer in one's life shows Who they honor and worship rather than the focus being to adhere to religious steps for sanctification.

Blessings:)

If Jesus did physically return to Earth, would he recognize Christianity as the Way he taught?

The book of Acts talks about quite a few doctrinal disputes which arose even at that early date. Two thousand years later, I think we have to admit that much of the Way of Jesus must have been diluted, corrupted, and worse. Even in the case of well intentioned Christians, they are faced with such a long history of generation after generation of false teachers, wolves in sheep's clothing, who "changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature instead of the creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen".

I am, of course, quoting from the first chapter of Romans.

When I was a Christian, they used to refer to the book of Romans as the Roman Road because of so many verses which were perceived to be the roadmap to the kingdom of heaven. The verses I just quoted were usually referred to when Christians were talking about how homosexuals and/or polytheists were going to burn in hell for eternity.

It was not until years later that I heard anyone, not Christians, talk about just how monumentally the 'truth of God' had been changed into a lie ... and by people calling themselves Christians!

I was raised in the Baptist church by a pastor and his wife, going to church services most days of the week. But I never heard a word about the true history of the last word in Romans 1:25 [Amen]. All I was ever told was that Amen was the way Christians ended their prayers and that it meant so be it.

Later I found out, not from Christians, that Amen had a long history, going back thousands of years before the terrestrial births of Jesus, Abraham, or Moses. Amen was one of the names used to refer to God by Egyptians. Imagine my shock when I first found that out!

All those years, Christians had been programming me to think of Egyptians as devil worshipers and to think of their dieties as false idols. Then I find out not only Christians, but Jesus as well, ended all their prayers with the name of the Egyptian God.

Jesus, of course, living in that part of the world, had to know about the Amen of Egypt. After all, even the bible talks about him spending some unspecified time in Egypt as a child.

Then, later, I realized that Malachi 4:2 contained a prophecy of Christ, referring to him as Sun, not Son! With an accurate description of the winged sun orb of ancient KMT!

Malachi 4:2 "But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall."

When someone does genuinely yearn for nothing more than to follow the Way of Christ, I have serious doubts that seeking to be a Christian is now, if it ever was, the best path. One thing is for sure. The last person you need to talk to, if you truly do hunger and thirst for righteousness as Jesus spoke of in his Sermon on the Mount, is a 'bible believing' Christian.

But I better stop now. This is usually about the time that some moderator decides to bounce the thread within which I am participating to some forum other than the Christian Study Group forum. It is the rare Christian who wants to study what Jesus actually taught, or what the bible actually says.

I agree. Christianity can NEVER be expressed as a religion. Even Jesus told us that in Matthew 23 when he warned us of following religious leaders who lost sight of God's directives. I've learned that this is a lifestyle, mentality, and a thought process. To think of it as less is insulting to God, I believe.

I was tempted to quote Matthew 23, and tick off point for point how Christianity conforms to the fruit Jesus listed as falling from the tree of religious leaders. Then I realized I have aiready done so many times in previous posts here in Destee.

Insulting to God to believe what Jesus taught? Woe unto you, Christians, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in:

Matthew 23:13 "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."
Christians! How often would the Father gather us together, as a chicken gathers her young beneath her wings, but you would not. So be it. You will not see me in this forum again until you can say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord:

Matthew 23:37-39 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

I was tempted to quote Matthew 23, and tick off point for point how Christianity conforms to the fruit Jesus listed as falling from the tree of religious leaders. Then I realized I have aiready done so many times in previous posts here in Destee.

Insulting to God to believe what Jesus taught? Woe unto you, Christians, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in:

Matthew 23:13 "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."
Christians! How often would the Father gather us together, as a chicken gathers her young beneath her wings, but you would not. So be it. You will not see me in this forum again until you can say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord:

Matthew 23:37-39 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

WOW, what a misquote and a misconception.

I didn't say that it was an insult to God to believe what Jesus taught. I'm saying that thinking of what Jesus taught as anything less than a lifestyle, mentality, and a thought process is insulting to God. I consider Christianity - more specifically the teachings of Jesus and his students along with the earlier teachings regarding the heart of the laws of God - to be more than mere religion. For instance, when the Children of Israel were challenged concerning their motives behind their 'religious fasting' (Isaiah 55), God didn't criticize fasting itself. What He convicted them of doing was corrupting the spiritual meaning behind the directed act. So when I run across a biblical scripture that says "be not hearers of the Word only, but doers," that says to me that we have to regard our faith as a lifestyle, mentality, and thought process, so that our actions naturally reflect what we believe.

You see, many people would rather see a sermon than to hear one. I know this. So my drive behind being a Christian is not being the sermon you hear, but the one you see. Why would I say that doing this is an insult to God when it is the challenge and opportunity that He is lovingly laying before me?

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding, because I know that not everyone reads things the same way.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back