Black People : POST-TRAUMATIC SLAVERY SYNDROME.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by FLATFOOTFLOOGIE, Jun 26, 2006.

1. FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    http://www.posttraumaticslavesyndrome.com/h_index.html

Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome
    As a result of twelve years of quantitative and qualitative research Dr. Leary has developed her theory of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, a theory that explains the etiology of many of the adaptive survival behaviors in African American Communities throughout the United states and the Diaspora.

Respect Scale
    Dr. Leary has also developed the African American Male Youth Respect Scale, a scale which measures the relationship between present and historical issues of respect in relationship to the use of violence among this population.

About the Book
    Dr. Leary's book "Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing" incorporates her research in both America and Africa, as well as her twenty years experience as a social work practitioner and consultant to public and private organizations.

In her book Dr. Leary first exposes the reader to the conditions that led to the Atlantic slave trade and allowed the pursuant racism and efforts at repression to continue through the present day. She then looks at the seemingly insurmountable obstacles that our ancestors faced as the result of the slave trade. Next she discusses the adaptive behaviors they developed, both positive and negative, that allowed them to survive and often even thrive. Dr. Leary concludes by reevaluating those adaptive behaviors that have been passed down through generations and where appropriate, she explores replacing behaviors which are today maladaptive with ones that will promote, ensure and sustain the healing and advancement of African American culture.

Important Notice
    To all those who purchased a copy of "Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome" between April 1st and May 15th 2006:

First, thank you for your interest in our book. Due to your overwhelming support, JLP recently received its second printing of PTSS. Unfortunately it has come to our attention that we received a shipment of books just prior to April 1st with 2 pages out of order. Page 139 and Page 142 have been reversed, so the pages are as follows: . . . 138, 142,140,141,139,143 . . . There are not any pages missing, just the two pages out of sequence.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, and hope you can appreciate this was beyond our control. If you would like your copy of PTSS replaced, please return your copy to the address below and we will gladly replace it.

Lastly, the corrected copies won't be available until July, so we ask that you schedule the return of your current copy then.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for your support.

JDL Publishing.

Mail your copy of the book to:

MAPS
    Towne Storage
    17 SE 3rd.
    Portland, OR 97214

I am not supposed to be copying this info, but so that it can reach a wider audience, I feel the need to post the website, and some additional references so that some of us will purchase, read, and learn from this book, and it's author, Dr. Joy Leary. Her work in this area is truly monumental.

2. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think I'm a victim, no, I know I am.

3. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    FlatFootFloogie writes;
    I am not supposed to be copying this info, but so that it can reach a wider audience, I feel the need to post the website, and some additional references so that some of us will purchase, read, and learn from this book, and it's author, Dr. Joy Leary. Her work in this area is truly monumental.

Beloved Mighty warrior FFF:

Thanks for sharing this information.

Please help me overstand your statement above and why you are not suppose to be copying and distributing vital and essential information that our people need to know.

A messenger with Truth is not suppose to hold back information from the people.

To hold back vital and essential Truthful information from the people will be seen as a form of evil manipulation and control, unless there is another explanation that has more logic, reasoning, and overstanding.

We Must (action) word get Truth an appearance wherever we can get Truth an appearance, even in the depths of hell.

HILY/A

goddess Isis

4. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved mighty warrior FFF:

I went to the rules on Destee, and I see the answer.

Thank you.

HILy/A

goddess Isis