Black Poetry : Possible

mzpoetic8705

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 24, 2004
The beg. of the poem is actually from my "YOU R MY SIMILE" poem....but it went well with this one too...so enjoy!!!!

It’s like a morning in-a-half away from being day
It’s like a tear minus a drop from crying the night away
It’s like sleeping ‘till dawn, leaving all the dreams behind
There is no better way to extract these similes
And replacing them with quiet storms and midnight sightings on the mid life crisis line
I want to listen without hearing you
I want to be expressive about me, and I and most importantly us
Without having to think
I want to be able to watch the 11 o’clock news without hearing of another shooting, of another minority, or another great invention that will assist our sexual desires, and still haven’t found a cure for non desirable
Things like Cancer and his best friends AIDS and HIV
These are the things that concerns me
I want to go to work without having to work my butt off to get another check of 297
I want to be able to cry without shedding a tear
I want to be able to live without paying a bill
20 for breathing, 30 for existing and another 50 for dying
A-LONE
I want to listen to a song without hearing about this epidemic that seems to distract every soul from living life honestly…..SEX
But it is the only d@mn thing that interest us…so what if I titled this poem "God Is My Sheild"
Would it still be as attractive as "SEX Is My Sheild"….which one would you rather hear first
"What if" is only a nicer way of saying, “I could’ve done it, but I didn’t?”
So I could’ve written this poem about God but I didn’t
I could’ve read a book on “How to live your life without making any mistakes”
But I didn’t and I won’t
I could’ve cried a thousand times without one tear dropping, but I can’t
And I could’ve fallen into this world’s idea of a black woman; loud, rude, ignorant, but I can’t and I am not and I refuse to hear of these lame *** excuses from myself
As to why I can’t do things, I can’t go to college because….i can’t get a job because….i can’t do this because…I can’t …
I refuse to live life thinking of all the impossibilities
Because nothing is impossible, it is only possible
It is only possible
It is only poss-i-ble!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back