Omowale Jabali : Possible Concordance Between Various Traditions

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    And I saw an angel come down from heaven having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years."

Revelation 20.1,2

This appears to me as a hidden "code" which can be easily deciphered once one compares the Biblical text with the Mayan Cosmology and the Chinese Zodiac.

2012-According to Chinese Astrology--The Year of the Dragon.

The year can almost be also used as a date 12/20.

Let us now see what the Chinese astrology says about this.

THE WATER DRAGON 1952 AND 2012

"Water has a calming effect on the Dragon's fearless temperament. Water allows the Dragon to re-direct its enthusiams, and makes him more perceptive of others. These Dragons are better equipped to take a step back to re-evaluate a situation because they understand the art of patience and do not desire the spotlight of other Dragons. Therefore, they make smart decisions and are able to see eye-to-eye with other people. However, their actions can go wrong if they do not research or if they do not finish one project before starting another."

According to the Maya Cosmogenesis,

There is to be a rare alignment of the December solstice sun with the Galactic plane in the years around AD 2012 and the Mayan priests chose to end their 13-baktun cycle on December 21, 2012 AD.

Lets look at the date Dec 21 and compare with Revelation 21.1

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there was no more."

So waht this appears to be is a New baktun cycle to begin at the end of the current cycle on Dec 20-21, 2012.

In the year of the Water Dragon, according to the Chineze Zodiac.

The question now is how does this correspond to various Afrikan traditional Spiritual Systems? Is there any correspondance at all?

2. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Dragon Names from around the World

http://www.firstage.net/articles/famous_dragon_names.html

While there are several "dragons" according to various Afrikan traditions, there are a few on this list who can possibly equated with a "water dragon".

More specifically, I think this is a reference to what was discussed in another thread last summer. The re-emergence of the Water cultures.

3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    A Possible Connection: The Great Quarrel

Since the birth of "Horus" has often been linked to the period of the Winter solstice, the following tradition can possibly give us some clues from a Kemetic perspective.

http://www.touregypt.net/GreatQua.htm

APOPHIS is also mentioned in the traditions connected to the Ark of Ra.

In the Buddhist tradition we also see a possible correlation with the water dragon APALALA.

Of course, we must also include the DOGON concept of the Nommo

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/mythology/118502

It is possible that this Baktun Cycle also applies to the Dogon conception of the "Cosmic Egg".

4. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    what you bring up makes sense.

WATER DRAGON - 1892, 1952, 2012

A less imperious type of Dragon who favors optimum growth and expansion. He can put aside his ego for the good of all and is less selfish and opinionated. An inhibited but progressive person, he tries hard not to be as conspicuous as other power-hungry Dragons. Neither is he going to be labeled as the conciliatory one. He can assume a wait-and-see attitude and his wits are as formidable as his strength of will.

The Water Dragon lives by the to-thine-own-self-be-true philosophy and will not seek revenge on those who choose to go the opposite way. democratic and liberal-minded, he can accept defeat or rejection without bitterness.

Water is calming and beneficial to his lunar sign and he will know how to act wisely and do what is essential for his progress. He is quick and reliable and is capable of marketing his ideas with untiring devotion. He is likely to be successful as a negotiator, as he knows when, where and how to apply force.

His main drawback is that he may be like an overoptimistic builder who forgets to reinforce the foundation.By trying to hold on to too much he may lose everything. He must learn to make difficult choices and to relinquish whatever is unfeasible or unnecessary. This way, he will be able to devote his energies to fewer but more rewarding endeavors.

http://www.chinaeguide.com/china-culture/dragon/the-five-types-of-dragon.html
    His main drawback is that he may be like an overoptimistic builder who forgets to reinforce the foundation

^^this part here sounds like us in the past thousand years or so, as someone else said in another thread, we can be 'too spiritual' and forget to be pragmatic.

Water has a calming effect on the Dragon's fearless temperament. Water allows the Dragon to re-direct its enthusiasm, and makes him more perceptive of others. These Dragons are better equipped to take a step back to re-evaluate a situation because they understand the art of patience and do not desire the spotlight like other Dragons. Therefore, they make smart decisions and are able to see eye-to-eye with other people. However, their actions can go wrong if they do not research or if they do not finish one project before starting another.

http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Dragon.htm

applying all of those attributes to the people who think they rule the world (politcally, financially,etc) may reveal some similarities to parts of africa.

I recall reading that Mutwa mentioned :"Because the great star, which is the lava of our sun, is going to return on the day of the year of the red bull, which is the year 2012."

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    brother I-khan

I signed out and then noticed your response in this thread.

Please believe me when I say this, I just came across this information today and some of it registered from past threads, especially some authored by brother Music Producer.

Part of this directly explains what I have been personally experiencing this past year...

"He must learn to make difficult choices and to relinquish whatever is unfeasable or unnecessary."

Again, I won't go into this in detail but I am forced at the present time to do exactly this.

Which is why this probably WILL be the last thread that I AUTHOR in this particular thread [Black Spirituality Religion].

I'm going to spend some "downtime" this weekend studying Ashby's "Egyptian Yoga" and work on internal cleansing.

If you have any questions outside of these threads you know how to contact me.

Peace my brother!