Black People : Positive news on Africa you wont see on CNN, Fox etc

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by King Tubbs, Dec 25, 2007.

1. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    Ghana Reflects Progress in Africa
    By CHRIS TOMLINSON
    Associated Press Writer

ACCRA, Ghana — Coby Asmah is a success in a part of the world that is hardly ever equated with success.

The design and printing business he launched from his dining room table 14 years ago now employs 54 people.

Whole of the article

These pics are not from the article they are from flickr.com and help illustrate the story:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Great article and pictures. I know a lady from Ghana who lives in Louisiana that I have known for several years. She owns a house over there and a business in Louisiana. Her husband is African American, but they plan to move to Ghana when they both retire. She has told me several of the things mentioned in the Article.

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Violation

King Tubbs,

I refer you to our Rules to be found at http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8084

Rule # 2. Do not add property to this site that belongs to someone other than yourself, without including their written permission. This includes, but is not limited to, poetry, news, articles, short stories, music, etc.

It is not always easy to contact the owner, and receive their permission in a timely fashion. Therefore, we have provided an alternative to the above. You can include a few sentences of the property, and add a link to where it can be read in its entirety.

Please edit your post appropriately by highlighting/limiting it's length and posting a link.

Thank you!
    Zulile

4. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    OK I edited it now.

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Bro King Tubbs - that wasnt an edit - that was surgical removal!! :lol: :lol: It didnt need to be so severe, but thank you :)

I enjoyed the article - I posted recently in the Pan African forum asking if anyone on destee.com knew of people who have gone the path of repatriation, and I intend to visit Ghana next year and see how I can assist - as Ghana is doing some very remarkable things. I mean, wow.

My father travels there every other month for a couple weeks developing medical/educational facilities and he just marvels at the extent to which Ghana is leading the pack in moving forwards - and their strong desire to include as many as possible from the diaspora to return home.

I think most in the diaspora suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome - what a fantastic life that awaits them and their children and childrens children - if they could let go of the fear and remove the brainwashing of generations spent in the west.

Good post - thanks.
    Zulile

6. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have finally retired from my work. My husband who is from Africa and I plan on moving to Senegal within the next couple of months. I have been to Senegal 6 times and I love it there. It has it challenges, but crime is not one their problems at all. We plan on buying land and setting up a Cyber, Resturant of Soul food, doing an organic farm, and a bed and breakfast there. Africa is open for business. So yes, diasporans, come home. Come to Africa. Of the the 53 countries, most of them are at peace and thriving. Africa needs us and we need them.

7. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

I agree 100%

Astrologer4U