Black People : POSITIVE ATTRITUBES AND CONTRIBUTIONS THAT WE CAN EXERCISE IN 2010 !!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Well, Here it goes Brother Clyde.

Please know, This is my way not THE WAY. I usually examine my goals twice a year. Once on my birthday and yes, at the end of the year. I make a small list so I can see my achievements to know I am going in the right direction.

1- Is kinda personal. But I have a partner that is so supportive and unselfish and allows me to be me and do for so many and sometimes it's at his expense. It's deeply appreciated and my children are grown now. I desire to give back some of what he gave me over the years, lovingly.

2- Slow down the pace. Quality not Quantity matters most. I sometimes miss things by racing. I lead a busy lifestyle. Trying to fit all things into one day. Work, Family, And the work I do regularly in the community takes up a lot of my time. I've learned that I must slow down the pace and it's not how many task I am completing that is most important but the quality of the task upon completion that matters most. So only project I will concentrate on is the Oyotunji African Village. The youth groups participation in the African dances and the play for black history month at the village. Everything else is on hold.

3- Reconnect- Reconnecting with my people is very important to me. We 3eep looking for one right or just one wrong. Where as it's so much more in between. Over the years I have not put a lot of my energy in adults just the kids. Simply because adults frustrates me. I've learned how to tune them out and look like I am being attentive. lol

But truth be told, I have to learn to be more tolerable and hospitable to more adults. Because as a life long student. I have grown, learned, and its constant and never ending. Because of a Professor that had faith in me, patience with me. And tolerated me and I was no easy person to teach or reach, But they hung in there and never gave up. So I must pass that blessing on. And the kids are most rewarding but the adults are more challenging. I too must walk the walk and never give up because its harder. So I have to give to them as well. ( As they too will eventually give back ) If we do not invest in us , Who would or should ?? I think we ALL are worthy.

4- Last but not least. Me, me, me !!! lol I do so much for others that sometimes I fail to take better care of me. ( Physically, spiritually, mentally and in all things ) I realize I can't do anything for any body if I am not in tip top shape all across the board.

So 2010 is my year for my personal, spiritual, and overall growth. That will allow me to be MORE loving and more dynamic and make an impact with all those that I love and that means all those that I encounter daily. It starts with ME !!

Perfection lives in no one. Change comes for me, by me. I proudly look in that mirror and make the conscious effort to make personal changes. And if many, many many many blacks do that, I Think we may very well have made an impact.

Love to all in 2010 !! Peace

Okay my sister friend, that's trill, for real, blkbuterfly41. I can't wait to interface with that person:)...just kidding, she already exists, okay. But after reading these, it gives me a better idea what you were asking of us.

If I can think of some personal self improvements:), please laugh hard at the statement, k; but seriously, I will return later with my very personal goals, similar to yours...Peace In my sistesr friend.

understanding beloved but your statements moved me to present that as a way to establish cohesion and unity on a board , where it seemed to be going the other way at times, not from you but in general

I hear you brother, but people can not argue by themselves.

Here are my Destees New Years resolution.................

1- Once they start arguing, throwing insults etc. leave them to it . ESPECIALLY IF Nothing will be gained and nothing can you give.

Never argue with a fool cause people from the distance can never tell you apart. I don't remember who said that. lol

It's a hard task, TRUST. But practice makes perfect. I shall try my best to practice that rule on Destee.

IMHO We have to allow people to be themselves and at the same time if the maddness starts leave them alone. Power in a persons words can't hurt you unless you own their words and give them your permission.

But we have to keep it real. We also can't control the thoughts of others either. Let them express themselves. If the goal is to take SOMETHING positive from somebodies post. Then take that positive notion, words, theory etc and throw the rest away. I have learned more in dissagreement then I have in agreement. Think about it.

Peace does not mean agreement by far. Love does not mean I must agree with all those that I truly love. We are passionate people and that means we are passionate about many different things. I agrue with those i love sometimes , but does that mean I don't love them tomorrow ?? If I hold it , was it ever truly love ?? If I love them before would I love them after an dispute ?? How do I express that love if it is indeed real AFTER AN DISPUTE ??

Point is sometimes we have to pick our battles. If the gains are worthy, Fight the good fight !! But if you fight just to fight, Did we not lose another casualty at war ?? And was that battle worth what we lost.

Just somethng to ponder.

Soooooooooooo where is your list ?? :em2300:

I love you all !! IN 2010 , WE can move mountains. But only if there is an WE. [/QUOTE]

Peace Bro Ankhur

edited: change the name. Sowwy !!

Well, Here it goes Brother Clyde.

Please know, This is my way not THE WAY. I usually examine my goals twice a year. Once on my birthday and yes, at the end of the year. I make a small list so I can see my achievements to know I am going in the right direction.

1- Is kinda personal. But I have a partner that is so supportive and unselfish and allows me to be me and do for so many and sometimes it's at his expense. It's deeply appreciated and my children are grown now. I desire to give back some of what he gave me over the years, lovingly.

2- Slow down the pace. Quality not Quantity matters most. I sometimes miss things by racing. I lead a busy lifestyle. Trying to fit all things into one day. Work, Family, And the work I do regularly in the community takes up a lot of my time. I've learned that I must slow down the pace and it's not how many task I am completing that is most important but the quality of the task upon completion that matters most. So only project I will concentrate on is the Oyotunji African Village. The youth groups participation in the African dances and the play for black history month at the village. Everything else is on hold.

3- Reconnect- Reconnecting with my people is very important to me. We 3eep looking for one right or just one wrong. Where as it's so much more in between. Over the years I have not put a lot of my energy in adults just the kids. Simply because adults frustrates me. I've learned how to tune them out and look like I am being attentive. lol

But truth be told, I have to learn to be more tolerable and hospitable to more adults. Because as a life long student. I have grown, learned, and its constant and never ending. Because of a Professor that had faith in me, patience with me. And tolerated me and I was no easy person to teach or reach, But they hung in there and never gave up. So I must pass that blessing on. And the kids are most rewarding but the adults are more challenging. I too must walk the walk and never give up because its harder. So I have to give to them as well. ( As they too will eventually give back ) If we do not invest in us , Who would or should ?? I think we ALL are worthy.

4- Last but not least. Me, me, me !!! lol I do so much for others that sometimes I fail to take better care of me. ( Physically, spiritually, mentally and in all things ) I realize I can't do anything for any body if I am not in tip top shape all across the board.

So 2010 is my year for my personal, spiritual, and overall growth. That will allow me to be MORE loving and more dynamic and make an impact with all those that I love and that means all those that I encounter daily. It starts with ME !!

Perfection lives in no one. Change comes for me, by me. I proudly look in that mirror and make the conscious effort to make personal changes. And if many, many many many blacks do that, I Think we may very well have made an impact.

Love to all in 2010 !! Peace

Probably most of us here can relate to each point and the first point spiritually and karmicly is self evident, in your dedication to the community.
Folks who are that conciderate atract like minded significant others into their life.

Beautiful message and it is alays a peasure to lean.
Each day I realize how little I really know, and that the only way for us to be liberated is to realize that , all Black folks deserve the truth, and you present it freely and often,
for our collective edification and growth

Probably most of us here can relate to each point and the first point spiritually and karmicly is self evident, in your dedication to the community.
Folks who are that conciderate atract like minded significant others into their life.

Beautiful message and it is alays a peasure to lean.
Each day I realize how little I really know, and that the only way for us to be liberated is to realize that , all Black folks deserve the truth, and you present it freely and often,
for our collective edification and growth

AMEN !!! Brother, I learn daily. I am sometimes astounded by new information I gather and prove to be true. But this is real talk.

If I've lived to be 400 years old. I can't learn all and can't know all, and definitely can't share much. But the key to our survival is us !!! Together, never apart.

Respect is deep, and that what we must practice to gain unity !! I love the way you express yourself !!

I promise to respect , I can't promise to always agree. Nor should you.

**smile** Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back