Portrait add gots to go?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Ikoro, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peace Destee fam.

I'm all for making revenue around here, but just now I saw this add in the right field on the site as I was browsing the forum and I was taken aback.

It's called Portrait Professional and it's some kind of add for digitally editing your potrait to make it look better or something.

Here is the thing: there is an Afrikan woman there in one add, and in the 'before' pic she has a bit darker skin, and get this, a broader nose. In the after pic: skin is slightly lighter and nose is more aquiline (I almost sure she has smaller lips too).

I don't want to come home and see this kind of offensive foolishness. Am I being picky? I seem to remember there was some kind of commotion on here earlier (before the revamp) about the dating sites or something to that effect, not sure what teh outcome was but I'm sharing my thoughts anyhow.

I don't own the site, nor am I prem.member so I don't give anything in terms of finance so maybe I don't have the right so speak. But I cringed when I saw that.

Might be that the add is randomly generated, I came across it as I was watching the Dr. Barashango vid on here (on hating whites, the irony!).

One,

- Ikoro

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Ikoro ... i know exactly how you feel, advertising on the site has not been easy for any of us.

There are two major threads (here and here) discussing it, and probably others, like this one.

The bottom line is ... if Members won't financially support the site, how are we to survive?

I'm open to all suggestions.

Let me know what you propose.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

3. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    If I recall correctly, I think there was something in those thread (will review them) about how the site (i.e. you, the owner) cannot control completely what is advertised here or not.

And that's just how it goes. I have no further reflections, suggestions or propositions really. It is the way it is, ain't it? Let me hold my peace till I put my money where my mouth is, my Sister.

Thanks for the swift reply!

One,

- Ikoro

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thank You Brother Ikoro,

We have some of the most thoughtful, intelligent Sisters and Brothers on the planet, right here!

So please, if ideas come to mind, do share them ... for i've done all i can think to do.

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684