Meat Recipe : Pork Chops

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by workingwhiteman, Aug 22, 2013.

1. SouthsideIrish

SouthsideIrish Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    I had a party at the house about a month ago. Got some rave reviews on the chops.
    Each Sunday I play wiffleball at a buddies house. The whole neighborhood plays. One game, then cook, then one more game. Again the chops have been well received so I would like to share.

First off you need some boneless thick cut, loin or otherwise known as Americas cut.
    People are all like the bone adds flavor and this and that. I don't buy it. Some of the meat around the bone is fatty or darker...Long story short, I like a THICK BONELESS LOIN chop. Not a rib chop.

If I cant find them thick enough or if they arent' on sale I will buy a whole roast and slice them myself. About 1 1/4" thick. Let me add I am a sale shopper. Especially with meat. When a quality cut goes on sale...I am buying 10lbs.

Ok...I go 2 ways with these.

I don't marinade...waste of time...and...waste of marinade. I used to soak them in a brine but I don't need to do that anymore either.

Half a gonna get hotsauced as soon as they go on the grill. High heat over coals.
    Seared....flipped and hot sauced again. I will probably hot sauce them at least 8 times will cooking. Now with a thick chop the outside will be done far quicker then the middle obviously. So here is what I do. I get those tin foil cake pans and put some hotsauce in it and some water and mix it around. Just enough to cover the bottom..1/8" As the chops are cooking I will take them off and rest both sides in the pan for about 15-20secs. They outside is done..Don't worry about cross contamination of any of that..
    Two things happen here. One you make sure the chop doesn't dry out. THe other being that the dark carmalization on the chops will deepen the color of the hotsauce and water...plus it will flavor it. I do this about 3 times to each chop while cooking. Adding a bit of hot sauce and water each time. What you are doing in a sense is making some hot gravy to have at the end...And keeping the chops moist. I take this delicious chop and put it open faced on some French bread and then pour the gravy on top. So moist. So delicious.

Half get the hot sauce treatment..and for those who don't like the hot stuff or like something more traditional you do the exact same thing and use Italian dressing. Comes out like a Italian pork chop meal you would get at an Italian restaurant. The chops really deepen the color of the Italian dressing and water in your tinfoil pan..and truly turns it into a gravy to be poured over your chop. After bringing into the sauce with the chops in pan with gravy. Flip one last time before you serve so the porkchops have a wet, moist look for your family guests or yourself.

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    What is a wiffileball?:11100:

3. SouthsideIrish

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    cmon..really?

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Yes, really. I know how to cook pork chops.

5. SouthsideIrish

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    Man I put a lot of time into that post...Nobody makes hot gravy for chops on the grill.

You know that yellow plastic bat that comes with the white plastic ball with the holes in it. Usually it is the first baseball thing that a young kid gets. Or you see the wiffleball packaged with a oversized red bat.

That's wiffleball. Its a plastic bat with a plastic ball. You don't need a super huge field. Or gloves. The ball can't hurt you if you get hit by it. The whole neighborhood plays over by my house. Adults into there late 40's down to 8 year old kids. And the wives play too. Its a lot of fun. We have real bases and spraypainted foul lines. And a batters box and one of the older guys who got hurt playing is now our umpire each week.

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I know what it is, I did as a child. I intentionally did that.

7. SouthsideIrish

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    very mature.