Black People : *** Porch Monkey (VIDEO) ***

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Nov 10, 2006.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    In this skit, a White guy tries to explain that "porch monkey" isn't a racial slur. Also, there is another notion put forward by the ignorant White boy to take the name back so that it wasn't racist anymore. I want to know what you guys think of all the notions put forth by his whiteness, especially considering possible relations to the N-word...

http://www.yikers.com/video_why_porch_monkey_is_not_a_racist_comment.html

2. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    The COMFORTABLE LOOKING ATTITUDE with no GUILT of the WHITE COLLEGE STUDENT compared to the CRIES of the MINORITIES pretty much without a word said describes the relationship of US in this country in terms of RACE.

Media say we COMPLAIN about ABUSE or MISTREATMENT and this is EXACTLY the type of REACTION they see US DOING while they KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE the WHOLE TIME.

That's no different than how as I was saying that in COLLEGE is where people going into INSTITUTIONS will PLAY AROUND with their views HIDDEN until it HITS THE MEDIA from the INSTITUTION. College DID NOT PREPARE them for IT.

An old but GOOD EXAMPLE

Greenville Tech official resigns over remark
    Official twice used racial slur to refer to Katrina evacuees

Posted Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 4:34 pm

By Ben Szobody
    STAFF WRITER
    [email protected]

A Greenville Technical College official who twice referred to New Orleans evacuees in Greenville as "yard apes" has resigned, school officials said.

"She's not a member of this institution today," said president Tom Barton. "Too much damage had been done."

Renee Holcombe, formerly an associate vice president for student services with a staff of about 40, told employees in two separate briefings last week that the school's aid for the mostly black hurricane victims staying at the Palmetto Expo Center would include sending yellow buses to pick up the "yard apes," said Barton and senior vice president Ben Dillard.

Dillard said Wednesday that Holcombe was referring specifically to the children of evacuees, who were provided separate transportation.

Reached at her home this afternoon, Holcombe said she was "numb and shocked." She declined further comment. She submitted her resignation to Dillard and there was no financial settlement, Barton and Dillard said.

She had been employed at the college for 19 years, Dillard said.

Now we have BILL COSBY confirming VIEWS like this and giving him PRAISE like its really the CULTURE FAULT.

I guess "YARD APE" is not a BIG DEAL EITHER.

Oh well. There is alot more at STAKE than anybody can REALIZE. Just KEEP PLAYING AROUND I GUESS. :skate: