Amun-Ra : Polygamy

Definitely

In this country for any of this too take place would require so much restructuring and reeducation that none of us would be here to see it. Of course, another answer to the problem is to be committed to the women and men we have, slow the number of babies born without the benefit of a second parent or start looking elsewhere for men and women.

Amun-Ra

:rolling:

jamesfrmphilly said:
since what one does affects other people, the other people have the right to tell one what to do?
your writing this post affects me, do i have the right to tell you what to write?
You have the right to respond to what I write and express your disagreement. If you say you do not have that right I will ask you why you did something you don't think you have the right to do. No one has the right to go through life without criticism. I don't claim such a right.

Amun-Ra said:
In this country for any of this too take place would require so much restructuring and reeducation that none of us would be here to see it. Of course, another answer to the problem is to be committed to the women and men we have, slow the number of babies born without the benefit of a second parent or start looking elsewhere for men and women.

Amun-Ra

:rolling:
Hey Ra,
Yes you see that this would not work in the context of today's america. And you see the solutions to the problems we have. I agree with you that the ideal of polygamy is one that could only be brought to manifestation by strong men. My question is if we had a significant number of strong men would we have the problems that we have today? How can we strengthen the men?

One of the statements Imamu Baraka said was"the most revolutionary thing a man could do was to go and take care of his children" (i am paraphrasing a little i am sure)
and, yes, i understand the politics of today..a lot of men who could are in prisons, etc. the question arises if one doesn't take care of his children how can he take care his households?
JamesMcPhilly you said "the women was under constant pressure from family and friends until she went into a conventional partnering" But she went into the relationship, defying family and friends..so is it possible that their was more to her leaving said relationship ?
as stated, (and in agreement with Amun''s last statement and River) we really would need reeducation, etc...to make it work for the long term...not one or two or even 5 years..but the long term..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back