Black People : POLYGAMY ALIVE AND WELL

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    One of the most debated and heated subjects outside of inter-racial relationships and God has been the issue of polygamy. But I have been giving it great thought...and the fact is this: "WE MAY NOT GET PAPERS FROM THE WHITE MAN, AND THEY MAY NOT LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE WITH US, BUT THE FACT IS THIS; "THE AVERAGE PERSON MARRIED OR NOT MARRIED, IS IN FACT MINGLING WITH SOMEONE ELSE SEXUALLY". AND THIS GOES FOR MALE AND FEMALE.

THE ONLY THING WE ARE NOT DOING IS SOLIDIFYING OUR OUTSIDE RELATIONSHIPS WITH OUR PRESENT RELATIONSHIPS....BUT THE FACT IS, THAT ON THE AVERAGE, "A WOMAN IS SLEEPING WITH MORE THAN ONE GUY AND A GUY IS SLEEPING WITH MORE THAN ONE WOMAN".

I DON'T EXPECT ANY EXTREME HONESTY FROM ANYONE HERE CONCERNING WHAT I'VE SAID...AND THEN AGAIN, IT'S POSSIBLE. i'm known to get myself in hot water with some of my post, so I'm going to say it like this: Do you think the average brother or sister would have legal polygamous relationships if it was socially acceptable and religiously ordained? (which it actually is)

I say yes !! Consider this: In America or christian so called countries where polygamy is illegal, this country and those like it have THE HIGHEST DIVORCE RATE IN THE WORLD. JUST LIKE AMERICA IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LAND OF THE FREE, AND YET THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE LOCKED UP IN AMERICA THAN ANY NATION IN THE WORLD.

Now since I'm always in the dog house anyway, let me be the first to say and admit.."YES I WOULD IF I COULD"...WITHOUT HESITATION.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm only about 20 minutes away from you brother Keita...you can sleep on my couch after sister QueenT reads this post!

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    To seriously address what you said, this statement is absolutely true. For a nation that is dead set against polygamy, you'd think that more people would be monogamous in their relationships. However for most the opposite is true! Most people openly profess a belief in monogamy, but in truth cheat on their spouses/mates with regularity! This is hypocricy at its finest! It is ironic because I don't have a problem with polygamy, yet I have never cheated on my wife (not when married or dating). Let's see: Against polygamy but cheats "or" For polygamy and is faithful....who is wrong?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    most people have learned that in america it's not what you do, it's what you say that counts.

5. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    what the heck????....QQ

:jawdrop:

Keita ... :whip:
    :skillet:
    :mad:
    :bazooka:
    :hammer:
    :kick:
    :censored:
    :court:
    :karate:
    :flamet:
    :bam:
    :getout:
    :uzi:
    :playball:
    :garbage:
    :pie:

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    You know Nita that isn't really a response!

7. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    Be not afraid to discuss the truth...

Did you see all of those violent smilies Sister Nita posted toward the comments of Brother Keita??!! Some would say, one Black woman like that would be just enough__:lol:

Seriously, I think you should stand up and say what you believe Brother Keita, I have commented in several threads concerning polygamy and along with others offered a plethora of references and research to try to dispel the myths about Polygamy and Monogamy. I had even given a list of books to explore. But Black folks are afraid of real-time solutions and anything that is too controversial. Most of the responses by sisters were just emotional and without facts or research.

It was through study and discussion and more study that I went from thinking polygamy was some type of patriarchal practice by paganistic and misogynistic men to understanding the true history of monogamy and polygamy. And how polygamy was demonized like many other “so-called” non-European practices. That was one of the reasons the Mormons were so persecuted and had to renounce polygamy as a prophetic pronouncement of God.

Every prophet that was married in the Bible and Quran was a polygamist. Matter of fact, as I have said before, Nelson Mandela speaks fondly of his four mothers and his siblings from his father’s four wives (polygamously). And historically before Europeans arrived and colonized, all great African Pharaohs, Kings and Chiefs were usually in polygamist marriages. Afro-centric Black people love to pick and choose when it comes to progressive movement and socialization.

And PLEASE note that I respect progressive Africans who choose not to accept polygamy personally. Unfortunately though, whenever white folks, across all socio-economic boundaries, will ever have a need to change their religious and social mores, to include polygamy, we will say they stole that from us also.

Peace

Brother Sun Ship:cool:

8. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Wait a minute, cause this isn't about a sexual thing here...as some would incorrectly assume. I can actually justify my reasons for what I said.

Now, lets take wife number one: Wife number one is my foundation. She is the wife who is devoted to maintaining our household. She is in charge of the house, the cooking, the raising of our children. It is she who makes sure that all is well in term of the bills being paid, the food always being there and everything that has to do with maintaining a home. Obviously if this is her role and she is to do it well, she must have money coming in. She must have the time and energy to devote exclusively to that. Cause to keep it real, "HOME MAKING" is a full time job.

Now how can this be done effectively if she has to go out and work to make money? How can she effectively do this if she is being stressed out by the external society and job functions and our children also? She can't.

Wife number two: She's my business, economic half. She's the one I socially interact with at board meetings and the economic market place. She's the one I brainstorm with to bring money in the home to maintain it. She's the one that can walk through doors by virtue of being a woman that would not be open to me as a black man. She therefore becomes my economic partner and power base through which we maintain what we have.

The house wife can not fill this role or develop the type of social graces and adept intellect and hardness needed to do this...and even if she could, what is she supposed to be, SUPER WOMAN? Her time and energy is already taken up in maintaining the household, taking care of our children and solidifying our foundation. Hence the need for wife number two. It is she with me who has to deal with and manipulate the external world economically in order to maintain the internal world we call HOME.

THAT'S MY TAKE ON THIS SUBJECT

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace god,

b4 reading this last post of yours, I would have said that your original genesis of this thread wuz a loaded ? to in-web those who have allowed their minds to be tampered with.......................

but reading your last post, I see why i thought that way..........I've read u many times b4, I know u try to lead people to the water knowing that u can't make them drink the same....I AGREE!

Polygamy is wrong always OUTSIDE of your relationship as it throws of mental & spiritual balance as well as cosmic (s) - I leave u in peace

10. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    if one were to engage in polygamy, it would have to first of all be on a spiritual and mentally based and balanced foundation so as not to allow ones "physical" to overwhelm and corrupt the nucleus of the wholistic base one has established.