Black People : Poll: which do you prefer, message boards or chat room?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Dec 26, 2002.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Although I have just started posting on the boards, I have visited the threads for a while now. As a guest I noticed a trend, while some of the posters here (kemetstry, uptowne, destee) also frequent the chat room. The majority seem to only post on the boards. So.....I'd like to know which do you prefer (chat rooms or message boards) and why?

2. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    PAN in a word they are PUNKS!
    They can't think and chew gum at the same time! Mental Midgets when you have to give an immediate response to someone’s banter that’s too much of a challenge! But there is a compromise we could also have a LIVE STREAMING MEASSAGE BOARD where people who don’t have time to hang in a chat room could comment on all topics at their leisure.
    PAN you know me man; I love to stir the pot! I am the King of CONTRIVERSEY and I love the title. I hope I provoked some of these Posters into Chatting! I do like both though!

POSTING stirs my mind when I see a good topic. I want to express my unbridled feelings on the subject and spur others to challenge what I have said (I LOVE A GOOD DEBATE) but even more I like to think that I have swayed others to my way of thinking, most times in chat we just glance over a topic

However CHATTING gives the immediate response that the boards don’t and you don’t have to sit and wonder if someone will pick up on your topic that you hold dear. I mean if it’s dumb you’re told it’s dumb and if its twisted you are told its twisted it not left up on the boards to be ridiculed for the rest of your life. I love the way we bounce from subject to subject and how we share our personal experiences and make friends and have that concern for one another the boards are just so impersonal (but as I have said in a post “THE CHATROOM” that this chat room is like no other

Anyway PAN welcome to the BOARDS! There are quite a few people up in this place that need a good TONGUE WHIPPIN! And you are just the man

OH YEAH DES DID YA HEAR THE STREAMING REQUEST!!!!!!

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Uptowne, my man........how are you doing?

I would think that the destee chat crew would be more afraid to come on the boards than vice versa. For the most part the topics on the message boards are more thought out (in terms of social relevance and importance) than the majority of topics on the chat. It is also easier to be exposed as a "mental midget" on the boards because you have more time to look up the facts (history, news, etc). Therefore giving misinformation on the chat could be because you didn't have time to reference information, but doing the same on the boards is probably because of laziness or ignorance.

Anyway keep working on these people to come in the chat room man. Particularly at night because I have insomnia, and I need something to do at 3:00 in the morning...........lol!

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    their are a few who love to stop within the chatroom to speak self mind and open thoughts and their are some that love to flow in writting the chatroom will continue to move forward in days to come ..... welcome to the house of destee's place glad u made ya way in upon many family & friendz .....$R

5. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +604
    If you're talking, you ain't learning-

Will Rogers

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    yet in chat u express self off da top
    now i know many from da chat on the board
    and i see now more from the board in chat
    it's all good both ways

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I like...

I enjoy both forms of communication but if I had to rank order them I'd have to say chat first and message boards second. I never visited the boards until recently when the chatroom was in transition from the old to the new. I enjoy it and have become a "fan" of several of the people that post here. They have great minds and what appears to be strong character. The boards allow you to think more on the topic and about what you want to say, which is especially good when the debate gets a bit heated.

I do like the spontaneous feedback found in chatrooms best although the depth of conversation is somewhat limited because of the "chatter" and high speed at which the communication can flow. But we've had some great discussions there as well. I have found that chat allows you to build friendships easier than message boards. I've met some phenomenal people at Destee's Place. There's a group of "regulars" who have invested a lot of time over the years, with Destee's help, to build the room into a "family" atmosphere and we welcome newcomers. Hope to see you all there real soon! :)

8. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    I have to ditto what Queen said. However, the reason I am not in the chat rooms is every time I go to the chat room , noone is there. What time should I come. I have clients all day so my visits are inconsistent but If I know a specific time to show up I will certainly make an effort to get there.

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Dre', right now I'm only able to participate during the days...afternoons mostly. At the present time everyone gathers in the voice chat room. However, that is expected to change when the number of participants and regular visitors grow larger. I hope to see you there! :)

10. monetg

monetg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Heeeeyyyyyyyy Panny,

Y'all (Panny, Uppie, Monster, and Keme) know my first love is the Chat-Room but I can't access it so I hang around the forums just to stay close to my people.

--Scorp............