Black People : Politics talk at work?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by LadyLC, Oct 13, 2008.

1. LadyLC

LadyLC Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    Since this presidential election is the most interesting and most important one in years, I was wondering if any Obama supporters were having an issue of Obama bashing in the work place? At my job it seems to have gotten worse since the debates. I am the only woman that works on my side of the office building as well as the only black person. My white co-workers know that I can hear them talking and the convo of choice seems to be Obama bashing. I was so angry last week that I almost went around the corner and started cussing those guys out LOL. I had to close my office door and calm down.

Religion and politics have always been topics I try to avoid discussing at the work place because everyone has their own opinion and it can get pretty ugly. But thees fellas make me want to scream. Two of them had the nerve to imply that the country has been fine up until two years ago when Democrats took over as majority in congress. I wanted to ask them what rock have they been living under the last 8 years? I know that they know I can hear them and I honestly think they are trying to bait me into a conversation so I can lose my cool. They even had the nerve to complain about how Obama keeps saying that McCain/Palin would be 4 more years of Bush/Cheney. George Bush did the same thing in 2000.

I cannot wait until November 5 rolls around and if my predictions are correct I cannot wait to see the look on their faces when it is announced that we have a new President and it is Barack Obama. They have talked about McCain like he is the great white hope and it sickens me. How many others are going through this at work?

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    I feel your pain...

..what I would do is wait till they bring him up and use the race card in a nice way. Say, " I know you wont be upset he is Pres because he is black..?" Then walk away. I am the only black woman but there are other Obama supporters so I dont have to say much. I dont allow them to bash him and they usually shut up quickly LOL
    :hulk:

3. LadyLC

Ratings:
    +142
    Good idea Linda, thank you for the suggestion. I will probably get the opportunity Thursday morning after the debate.

4. LadyLC

Ratings:
    +142
    *Update*

I was ready and waiting to hear the Obama bashing again today since the debate was last night. I did not hear a peep out of those fellas LOL. Maybe they realized what time it is.....Obama time! :)

GO OBAMA!!!

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    it goes on at my work place and i alwayz
    I alwayz say what if them white people go and make a goof and vote for Obama
    and laugh then the next morning he won ...they kinda get back and shut up then !
    and some it just hurt them to there heart how strong and smart this man really is .

6. LadyLC

Ratings:
    +142
    ^^^I agree with you completely. I think that is why they were quiet today. Obama did very well last night and McCain tried his hardest to attack Obama and crack him but he couldn't. Obama was cool as a cucumber, he is a force to be reckoned with. He don't play and he is going no where.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

To say the least, I'm sorta surprize, but this is based on my going and coming around town. People have been closed mouth about the elections. Normally, contractors working at your home, are full of presidental discussions, etc.....Even thats not true, from my experiences, oh well you are cocked and ready..........take care.......Sweetheart.......Dad!

8. LadyLC

Ratings:
    +142
    Yes I am ready for whatever comes my way at work. I have also noticed that most people in public are closed mouth but these guys on my job are just arrogant jerks.

9. LadyLC

Ratings:
    +142
    *Update* The main manager who I was talking most of the politics talk and Obama bashing was terminated Tuesday morning. I guess he spent too much time taking politics and not doing what he was getting paid to do. Thanks again LindaChavis so much for your suggestion but I never got to say anything to him. :( Oh well.....

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

LadyLC,

What! Isn’t that something, good riddance, as we say lol