Black People : Police shoot mother and infant

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Zulile, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    LIMA, Ohio — The air of Southside is foul-smelling and thick, filled with fumes from an oil refinery and diesel smoke from a train yard, with talk of riot and recrimination, and with angry questions: Why is Tarika Wilson dead? Why did the police shoot her baby?

Residents of Lima, Ohio, posted a sign at the house where Ms. Wilson, 26, was killed and her 14-month-old son was injured.

[​IMG]
    “This thing just stinks to high heaven, and the police know it,” said Jason Upthegrove, president of the Lima chapter of the N.A.A.C.P. “We’re not asking for answers anymore. We’re demanding them.”

Some facts are known. A SWAT team arrived at Ms. Wilson’s rented house in the Southside neighborhood early in the evening of Jan. 4 to arrest her companion, Anthony Terry, on suspicion of drug dealing, said Greg Garlock, Lima’s police chief. Officers bashed in the front door and entered with guns drawn, said neighbors who saw the raid.

Moments later, the police opened fire, killing Ms. Wilson, 26, and wounding her 14-month-old son, Sincere, Chief Garlock said. One officer involved in the raid, Sgt. Joseph Chavalia, a 31-year veteran, has been placed on paid administrative leave.

more here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/30/u...90ad13ca32d0d0&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

2. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    RIP

!!!!!!!

3. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Read my post......

About drugs in the hood.
    Tony Brown covered the same type incident 8 YEARS AGO
    AND WE DONT THINK DRUGS ARE A FORM OF WARFARE AGAINST OUR COMMUNITY,
    HOW MANY GGOTTA DIE BEFORE WE SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:qqb012:

4. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    i'm not feeling the path of nonviolence

So many issues, they can make of this one eh? Why do they have to mention that her children had different fathers - what exactly is the point of that?
    The war on drugs is just that a war with no prisoners, and this time its a mother and child.
    With all respect to our beloved leaders who promote non violence, unless the African nation within Amerikkka petition to be self-governing, and can somehow economically force that hand, this will continue with no repercussions.

These "raids" often happen with childeren knowingly being inside the home, and yet the safety of innocent people who could be inside is not a concern - doesn't this violate at least one friggin' amendment? In fact, I think police raids are usually a covert operation to take out whomever they want. I read in another article that the police knew ahead of time that there were children inside - of course they must know with the kind of intelligence gear these overseers (oops I mean officers) have.

And one last thing - why in god is her mother and sister talking to the papers, the media or anyone else for that matter? When poop hits the fan it's better to say absolutely nothing at all - zero zip, this way the media cannot twist the reality, paint the picture or bias a future jury. Get legal aid, if you have to and say nada

:em1500: :SuN025:

5. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Well "White" folks certainly have their own militia groups. Might be time for a "Black" militia.

6. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    We need to stop acting like we ar helpless

DRUGS AR AN ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY AND WE DONT SAY ANYTHING UNTIL THIS HAPPENS OR THE 2 GIRLS IN NEWARK HAD THEIR BRAINS BLOWN OUT EXECUTION STYLE, OR ANOTHER CHILD DIES IN A DRIVE BY!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED TO STOP PLAYING DUMB!!!!!!!!

THE DRUGS ARE PUMPED IN SO THEY HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR A POLICE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN DO WE BECOME PROACTIVE AND NOT REACTIVE!!!!!!!

WE FORM MILITIAS AND GET RID OF THE DRUGS OURSELVES
    THE WAY MALCOM DID!!!!!!

THE WAY THE PANTHERS DID!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22
    Yes,enlightnened one, you are most definitely onto something.

Robert Williams suggested as much over forty years ago. For those of us who have actually served in the amerikkkan military:hammer2: , this is a long overdue discussion. The Black Panthers with all of the amazing precepts and ideas they presented seem to have recognized the value of forming quasi 'mlilitias', and also most importantly ending our "Fear of Death"! It appears we make a conscious choice to die slowly and to waste our lives in the process, all that does is reinforce the negativity born of white supremacy/racism. While forcing our offspring to continue suffering under the weight of racism. Most importantly we pass on our willingess to continue to grovel at the foot of this evil white supremacist to our posterity. Our children are farmore militant than we, but in their misguided ignorant state(the result of integration) they hate the face in the mirror rather than the persons that control all major areas of activity in their lives!

Black men and woman being murdered by government agents is not a new thing (Black officer shot to death by other officers in Mount Vernon, NY and the Sister and her child in Lima, OH) it is accepted because in Amerikkka other than Sharpton and Jackson (the two most hated brothers on the continent along w/bro Mumia) no one says anything! We need to articulate a response and and begin doing what men are supposed to do, provide security; and labor to eliminate racism universally. We should look at the condition and treatment of the Palestinian in that part of the world. We will soon see much more of the agressive violence they are subjected to being applied here. When you devolve to the level of international non-entities your suffering goes unattended and your cries unheard. We are very close to this in amerikkka! :mad: Good point!

8. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    police shoot...

i too am saddened and angry that black lives are once more taken,but let me say something here and this may be the real tragedy here as in so many other situations all over black america,if and i'm saying[if]this guy was a drug dealer then why would this woman put not only hers but her child's life in danger by staying with this guy,sometimes people only see the glamour and not the dangers of the drug trade and most of the time the danger is fatal.

9. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

where do i sign up?

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I AM EVEN MORE GREATFUL THAT TWO PINK PIGS WERE SHOT AND KILLED BY YOUNG BLACK MEN IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS IN MY CITY.I WANT TO HEAR OF MORE COPS BEING MURDERED.