Black People : Police Fatally Shoot Man in New Orleans

Mississippi Red

Maybe he should have put the knife down........

You mean to tell me 12 professionaly trained men can't take on one confused man with a 3 inch knife?

Come on man.

They could have used thier batons to smack the knife out his hand.

I saw the video, there was a crowd of them.
All the white officers had thier guns drawn and the few negro officers that were there were just standing and looking.

Dual Karnayn said:
Mississippi Red

You mean to tell me 12 professionaly trained men can't take on one confused man with a 3 inch knife?

Come on man.

They could have used thier batons to smack the knife out his hand.

I saw the video, there was a crowd of them.
All the white officers had thier guns drawn and the few negro officers that were there were just standing and looking.

First.......let me give you a piece of advice....confused or not...when Them Folks point guns at you and you're holding a weapon and they tell you to put it down......put it down.....they will kill you.........you wanted to be one of Them Folks didn't you....

Your comment about using their batons shows that you know absolutely nothing about armed or unarmed combat.....first..a 3 inch blade can puncture a lung,open a ...throat,wrist,the artery the runs under your armpit , the artery that runs inside both thighs, all of which can result in death...it can also puncture the face, eye ,arm,leg foot (even through shoes) resulting in a nasty wound that would hurt like he!! .......
"hit it out of his hand with the baton"....think you've watched too many movies ......truth of the matter is a knife with a 3 inch blade is a very dangerous weapon ....at close range somebody's getting cut and or stabbed....now the question is who wants it first.......
in a knife attack you ARE getting cut.....if I'm attacked by two men with batons and I have a knife with 3 inch blade ...I'm killing at least 1 of the men and possibly 2 if I can keep them both close enough.....
..it's hard as he!! to do a disarm on a knife and especially so on a short bladed knife

was dude trained in Escrima,Krabi Krabong,Silat or one of the many stick and knife arts.....maybe maybe not....but you the person who makes no excuses and believes that we need to be responsible for our actions has to understand that you can't brandish a weapon to police in America without expecting to get a hot one......so like I said before

Maybe he should have dropped the knife......

MississippiRed

Mississippi

First.......let me give you a piece of advice....confused or not...when Them Folks point guns at you and you're holding a weapon and they tell you to put it down......put it down.....they will kill you.........you wanted to be one of Them Folks didn't you....
You went to college, do you know what mentally ill means?

He has no control over his thinking and very little control over his own behavior. That's why they have institutions and medications for people like that. It's a sickness and they can't control themselves.

The entire community as well as the police officers had been watching him and knew he was mentally ill. He had no business out on the streets anyway he should have been kept in a shelter or hospital under strict supervision. It should have never got to this point.

Your comment about using their batons shows that you know absolutely nothing about armed or unarmed combat.....first..a 3 inch blade can puncture a lung,open a ...throat,wrist,the artery the runs under your armpit , the artery that runs inside both thighs, all of which can result in death...it can also puncture the face, eye ,arm,leg foot (even through shoes) resulting in a nasty wound that would hurt like he!! .......
That's one of the most ignorant negroish statements I ever heard from another Black man.

Hell, a screw driver or fingernail file can do the same thing.
But if I'm a grown *** man witha baseball bat, and I allow a man with 3 inch knife to carve me up like a turkey, I'm not fit to call myself a man.

There is no excuse for 12 officers with pepper spray, batons, months of training not to be able to handle a deranged man with a butter knife.

"hit it out of his hand with the baton"....think you've watched too many movies
I guess I've experienced to much real life as well because I've seen officers...and security guards...use thier batons to disarm weapons from individuals.

ONE guard/officer was able to do it too....not 12.

......truth of the matter is a knife with a 3 inch blade is a very dangerous weapon ....at close range somebody's getting cut and or stabbed....now the question is who wants it first.......
in a knife attack you ARE getting cut.....if I'm attacked by two men with batons and I have a knife with 3 inch blade ...I'm killing at least 1 of the men and possibly 2 if I can keep them both close enough.....
They still would have the upper hand because the length of the baton is greater than that of the knife and the baton still can inflict more injury from a distance.

..it's hard as he!! to do a disarm on a knife and especially so on a short bladed knife
Maybe for you.
I haven't even had martial arts training and I've kicked and knocked knives out of peoples hands during fights.

was dude trained in Escrima,Krabi Krabong,Silat or one of the many stick and knife arts.....maybe maybe not....but you the person who makes no excuses and believes that we need to be responsible for our actions has to understand that you can't brandish a weapon to police in America without expecting to get a hot one......so like I said before

Again, the man was MENTALLY ILL and had very little control over his actions.
That's what mentally ill means.

Regardless of that fact, 12 professionaly trained officers in no way should consider themselves justified in using deadly force against one confused man with an apple peeler.

Dual Karnayn said:
Mississippi

You went to college, do you know what mentally ill means?

He has no control over his thinking and very little control over his own behavior. That's why they have institutions and medications for people like that. It's a sickness and they can't control themselves.

The entire community as well as the police officers had been watching him and knew he was mentally ill. He had no business out on the streets anyway he should have been kept in a shelter or hospital under strict supervision. It should have never got to this point.

That's one of the most ignorant negroish statements I ever heard from another Black man.

Hell, a screw driver or fingernail file can do the same thing.
But if I'm a grown *** man witha baseball bat, and I allow a man with 3 inch knife to carve me up like a turkey, I'm not fit to call myself a man.

There is no excuse for 12 officers with pepper spray, batons, months of training not to be able to handle a deranged man with a butter knife.

I guess I've experienced to much real life as well because I've seen officers...and security guards...use thier batons to disarm weapons from individuals.

ONE guard/officer was able to do it too....not 12.

They still would have the upper hand because the length of the baton is greater than that of the knife and the baton still can inflict more injury from a distance.

Maybe for you.
I haven't even had martial arts training and I've kicked and knocked knives out of peoples hands during fights.

Again, the man was MENTALLY ILL and had very little control over his actions.
That's what mentally ill means.

Regardless of that fact, 12 professionaly trained officers in no way should consider themselves justified in using deadly force against one confused man with an apple peeler.

I have come to believe that you don't know what the he!! you are talking about and talk just to make yourself feel good.......
I went to college and full well know what mentally ill means and if I was in that situation I would have shot him as well.......if I was in a situation where with a cat with a knife I'm not trying to figure out if he's mentally ill....I'm trying to still be alive at the end of the day....
Negroish.....you're funny.....the baton is not the length of a baseball bat but if I had a knife with a 3 inch blade and you had a bat I guarantee I could put you down...I doubt highly that you've ever kicked a knife out of anyone's hands unless it was a toddler........and I have studied Escrima and have fought backyard matches between the alumin knife and rattan.....and with the baton ,bat,rattan...in a close encounter you will get maybe 1 full swing...now you know.....nah you probably don't ...the actual damage from such a blow(with a bat, baton) occurs at the very end of the weapon.....which means if you're swinging a bat the closer I get to your hands the lower the speed of the weapon(a bat,rattan,baton needs speed to do damage) hence the less damage that will occur....so when I see you winding up to swing...(and you will ) I close the 3 or so feet between us at a slight angle which lessens your strike even more....now I'm inside and slightly to your left (if you swing from your right) your left hand is holding the baton my right hand is holding this little itty bitty 3 inch blade....and now as you say I carve you up like a turkey because the only live hand you have now is your right and you can punch or grab but at this point it's irrelevant because you've been stabbed more than once in your side(to puncture the lungs ) and possibly in the neck and face.........so if you think that any man worth his manhood with a stick can stop a man with a knife in close combat situations you're completely ignorant......

they sprayed him with pepper spray he covered ........dude may have been mentally ill but he knew to cover when the spray came

Dude you've never kicked anything out of anybody's hand,and I doubt youv'e ever seen a security guard hit anything out of anyone's hand.......
You've probably never been in a fight with someone with a knife that wanted to kill you like you say and if you do think it's easy to get a knife from someone without getting cut and can actually do it then you're better then 100% of the fighters I know in America and the cat that trained me and has actually fought in blade matches in the Philipines.

How is my comment ignorant.......thats' from actual experience......fullspeed no holding back .......thats' from the experience of men that have experienced the blade........whether it's an apple peeler or 2 inch screwdriver.....or car keys ......it can kill you .....

I can't see you having the heart for combat anyway......ain't you the same boy that's shook by women's words.....so if you had a bat and dude had the blade and some women were blessing you out......would you drop the bat and crawl up in a ball and cry........I think you would.....

Red

Mississippi

I have come to believe that you don't know what the he!! you are talking about and talk just to make yourself feel good.......

I have come to believe you disagree with me simply to show your ignorance and be disagreeable.

I also have reason to believe you're a hypocrite who either doesn't know or doesn't care if he and his own are being insulted and exploited.

You argue with me all day long over Crunk music and accuse me of insulting southern people; but when there is a thread posted actually calling southern people ignorant...you're as quiet as a mouse pissing on cotton.

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33616&page=6

I went to college and full well know what mentally ill means and if I was in that situation I would have shot him as well...
Then you are a trigger happy enemy who doesn't deserve to own a gun, let alone charged with the responsibility of maintaining law and order.

....if I was in a situation where with a cat with a knife I'm not trying to figure out if he's mentally ill....I'm trying to still be alive at the end of the day....

They didn't have to "figure out" if he was mentally ill, they KNEW he was mentally ill and the rest of the community knew it also which is why many were outraged at what happend.

Even if they didn't have prior knowledge of his status, police officers are TRAINED to know if someone is severely mentally ill and the best way to deal with them.

Negroish.....you're funny.....the baton is not the length of a baseball bat but if I had a knife with a 3 inch blade and you had a bat I guarantee I could put you down...
Lol....what...you're gonna attack me in my sleep?

You're gonna throw it at me like a chinese star?

That's one of the most assinine statements I've ever heard, for real.

A baton isn't the length of a baseball bat but it's about 1.5 to 2 feet long and can easily be swung from a distance to break a man's hand or disable him if used properly.
These are trained professionals and should know how to use their weapons.

I doubt highly that you've ever kicked a knife out of anyone's hands unless it was a toddler
I've been attacked by a knife 3 times in my life.

I've kicked the knife out of someone's hand once.
I grabbed the hand of another and "she" ended up dropping it...lol.
And I socked a man in the jaw and he ended up dropping it.

I was totally unarmed on my person in all 3 occasions and again, I had no formal training so keep doubting Thomas.

., ........and I have studied Escrima and have fought backyard matches between the alumin knife and rattan.....and with the baton ,bat,rattan...in a close encounter you will get maybe 1 full swing...now you know.....nah you probably don't ...the actual damage from such a blow(with a bat, baton) occurs at the very end of the weapon.....which means if you're swinging a bat the closer I get to your hands the lower the speed of the weapon(a bat,rattan,baton needs speed to do damage) hence the less damage that will occur....so when I see you winding up to swing...(and you will ) I close the 3 or so feet between us at a slight angle which lessens your strike even more....now I'm inside and slightly to your left (if you swing from your right) your left hand is holding the baton my right hand is holding this little itty bitty 3 inch blade...
Then they need to stay the hell out the way and swing at the right time.
Like I said, these men are supposed to be TRAINED professionals, not a pack of street kids getting into an after-school fight.
So they should know what they're doing.

and now as you say I carve you up like a turkey because the only live hand you have now is your right and you can punch or grab but at this point it's irrelevant because you've been stabbed more than once in your side(to puncture the lungs ) and possibly in the neck and face.........so if you think that any man worth his manhood with a stick can stop a man with a knife in close combat situations you're completely ignorant......
I didn't say simply a "stick".
I said the type of baton (black-jack or expandable) typically issued to law enforcement officers.

Dude you've never kicked anything out of anybody's hand,and I doubt youv'e ever seen a security guard hit anything out of anyone's hand.......

So way down there in the boondocks you're gonna sit up and tell me what I've been through...lol.
Ok, I suggest you stay on your porch and keep on sippin' whatever the hell you're sippin big "Sip".

You've probably never been in a fight with someone with a knife that wanted to kill you like you say and if you do think it's easy to get a knife from someone without getting cut and can actually do it then you're better then 100% of the fighters I know in America and the cat that trained me and has actually fought in blade matches in the Philipines.

I don't know what the hell their intentions where concerning my life, but they were certainly trying to inflict harm and were mad as hell.
I wasn't trying to measure their intentions, I was trying to defend myself at the time.

I can't see you having the heart for combat anyway......ain't you the same boy that's shook by women's words.....so if you had a bat and dude had the blade and some women were blessing you out......would you drop the bat and crawl up in a ball and cry........I think you would.....
I don't know what you mean "shocked" by a woman's words.

I said what women say and do generally affects the behavior of most of the men in a community and the support of a woman does much to boost a man's confidence.
Again college boy, if you had been paying attention in your sociology class you would have known that.

I don't know what your problem is or what you've been "sippin" down in the Sippi, but any so-called "black man" who think a gang of white officers are justified in shooting one unarmed mentally ill Black man must be a little tweeked himself.

Maybe some of the ghosts of those old confederate soldiers roaming around down there has possessed your mind, I don't know.

But I suggest you lay off that Crunk for a spell.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back