Black People : Police departments are furious at Walmart for a policy that has made it a dangerous place to shop

By all means, please share what you have on the other usages of prison labor by Walmart, outside of demanufacturing

I already did. But you appear not to be impacted by prison labor. I could be wrong, but you seem to want to defend Walmart in some capacity by limiting their uses of the private prisons. I'll repost:

WalMart. Although their company policy clearly states that “forced or prison labor will not be tolerated by Wal-Mart”, basically every item in their store has been supplied by third-party prison labor factories. Wal-Mart purchases its produce from prison farms where laborers are often subjected to long, arduous hours in the blazing heat without adequate sunscreen, water, or food.

Repeat: every item in their store has been supplied by third-party prison labor factories. Wal-Mart purchases its produce from prison farms

Private Prisons want to be like Walmart:

CCA's plan to become the Wal-Mart of reentry may be good for its investors, but it should alarm the rest of us. First, the for-profit prison industry's history of abuse, neglect, and mismanagement raises serious questions about what kinds of abuses would occur if we hand over control of even more elements of our criminal justice system to CCA and similar profit-driven companies. Second, CCA fights aggressively to shield its operations from public scrutiny – even though incarceration and rehabilitation are some of the government responsibilities where transparency and accountability are most important.

So, you are just posting and not reading Threads. I had already posted this information here:

https://destee.com/threads/police-d...-a-dangerous-place-to-shop.87478/#post-963720

Yes, I am reading them. Why did you choose to focus on the demanufactoring, when there is so much more.

I can see this is not an issue that concerns you, by your post. It is an issue that concerns me deeply. I choose not to play word games or any other games when discussing prison slavery.

I already did. But you appear not to be impacted by prison labor. I could be wrong, but you seem to want to defend Walmart in some capacity by limiting their uses of the private prisons. I'll repost:

WalMart. Although their company policy clearly states that “forced or prison labor will not be tolerated by Wal-Mart”, basically every item in their store has been supplied by third-party prison labor factories. Wal-Mart purchases its produce from prison farms where laborers are often subjected to long, arduous hours in the blazing heat without adequate sunscreen, water, or food.

Repeat: every item in their store has been supplied by third-party prison labor factories. Wal-Mart purchases its produce from prison farms

Private Prisons want to be like Walmart:

CCA's plan to become the Wal-Mart of reentry may be good for its investors, but it should alarm the rest of us. First, the for-profit prison industry's history of abuse, neglect, and mismanagement raises serious questions about what kinds of abuses would occur if we hand over control of even more elements of our criminal justice system to CCA and similar profit-driven companies. Second, CCA fights aggressively to shield its operations from public scrutiny – even though incarceration and rehabilitation are some of the government responsibilities where transparency and accountability are most important.

Yes Ma'am, you are dead wrong with that personal assessment of me.

Since you posted
nearly the same article I read and posted, I thought maybe you had new and different information.

Yes, I am reading them. Why did you choose to focus on the demanufactoring, when there is so much more.

I can see this is not an issue that concerns you, by your post. It is an issue that concerns me deeply. I choose not to play word games or any other games when discussing prison slavery.

Thanks for asking why my comment focused on demanufactoring; primarily, because few are aware of this angle, and more are aware of the obvious use of prison labor. Also, this portion of the article really caught my attention:

"... Of course, Wal-Mart is not directly involved in that process. Rather, it relies on sub-contractors; the company just reaps the bottom-line benefits. Suppliers and sub-contractors, eager to expand their sales and increase their profits, are only too willing to contract with Wal-Mart. Before long, they are virtual “captives” of the mammoth retailer, dependent on their contracts with the company for their economic survival and willing to cut corners to preserve their profit margins.

In fairness, Wal-Mart did not originate this practice. When the firm was in its infancy, Sears Roebuck & Company was accused of a similar strategy – becoming the primary purchaser of a supplier’s products, then threatening to discontinue purchases unless they received various concessions such as lower prices. Suppliers were sometimes even absorbed into the company. But while Sears may have pioneered the process for becoming a powerhouse retailer, Wal-Mart has greatly refined it ..."

Why criminals flock to Walmart

... So certainly, some of Walmart's ruthlessness is a choice by the company's leadership. But some of it is a necessity, making Walmart a creature of our broader failure to create opportunity for low-income Americans: You can be ruthless and sell to these consumers, or not be ruthless and not sell to them at all.

Neither Walmart nor any other private business can work with money that isn't already there ...

http://theweek.com/articles/644320/why-criminals-flock-walmart?yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

GettyImages-84660086.jpg

Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back