Black Spirituality Religion : Pole Dancing for Jesus

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Amnat77, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    HOUSTON - Pole dancing as a workout is nothing new. Over the past few years, independent studios have popped up all over the country, but there is a very unique type of pole dancing class here in our area.

It’s called Pole Fitness for Jesus.

You’re probably thinking: “How on Earth can you mix pole dancing with Jesus?”

According to one studio in Spring, you can definitely mix the two.

“I was actually a dancer for 3 years, probably 7 years ago or so. I did it for awhile, it’s not something I felt very rewarded with, but to each his own and it was just something I decided I didn’t want to do anymore so I decided to take the part that I liked about that and bring it here but it’s so much fitness, I don’t teach women to be strippers,” said owner/instructor of Best Shape of Your Life Crystal Deans.

Every 2md Sunday of the month, Crystal Deans invites female church-goers into her pole dancing studio.

“On Sundays, we do pole fitness for Jesus. We do the upbeat contemporary Christian music because people have to bring their church program to get into the class, so we basically are just continuing the whole worship thing here.”

Don't let the name of the class fool you though. There's no prayer beforehand and there's no crosses hanging in her studio,

“Just to get past the whole stigma of the whole thing, I’m very Christian. I go to church every Sunday and I pray. I talk to God things like that I think there’s nothing wrong with what I do. I teach women to feel good about themselves, to feel empowered and we get in really good shape. God is the only person that judges so anybody who wants to judge me, feel free to but I’m good with God, so that’s what’s important to me and I really don’t care what people think.”

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/110316-pole-dancing-for-jesus

:zipit:

2. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
  3. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    :bellydance: homegirl had the clear heels and everything..LOL.

4. gogounited

United States
    Ratings:
    +358

Hahaha, and she just HAD to be from Houston, crazy Texans.

While we're at it, as long as a woman feels good about what SHE'S doing with her body, then I say more power to her. You know you've owned a pair of those clear heels, hahaa and it ain't got nothing to do with jesus!

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

....What's the problem Amnat77 and gogounited, lol.

6. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    For who?

Wow! Ok, to add Jesus to this activity is ridiculous..as the girl so nonchalantly pointed out "the whole worship thing"..just because you throw a little christian music on, doesn't mean you're doing anything for Jesus. If she wants to include Christian women, why not keep it labeled as it is for other clients and if they're interested, they will come. But to tweak to be all in the name of Jesus, is just plain perverted.

7. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Can't get over the clear hooker heels...i can deal with pole dancing to church music, even for Jesus.. but the clear 6 inch heels?..:qqb001:

8. gogounited

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    Obviously you've never tried to coordinate shoes with Saran Wrap, LOL.

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Some may think this inappropriate; but that is because of the "stigma" associated with "Pole Dancing."----But, how is this any different from any other aerobic/exercise class with Christian music just because they're using a "pole?" :10500:

1 Cor. 10:
    [31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Pss.150

[1] Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
    [2] Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
    [3] Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
    [4] Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
    [5] Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
    [6] Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.​

Matthew 18:
    [20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them​

John 4:
    [24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    [25] The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
    [26] Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Isaiah 43:
    [7] Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.​

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I can see T.D. Jakes and Creflo $ holding meetings right now asking their female staff why none of them had come up with this Hustle.....

I bet the husbands of the ladies in her class are happy & have been staying home more....lol

Probably even don't care anymore if there's an NFL lockout this season!

"my baby's a pole dancer fo da lawd - come here baby and show me that new move you been working on" ...