In my experience, the instructor usually
requires writing samples to be submitted before
the poets are accepted to determine the level
of skill and sense of rhythm, etc.
In addition to this, I've known instructors to
also base admission on the poet’s openness to
constructive feedback...as some poet/artists
are sensitive or convinced about the quality
of their work and tend to inhibit learning.

I could offer more feedback, but I’d also like
to know how much “structure” you’d like
for the workshop to have.

:wave: Haaaaaaaay Sister ThatGirl :wave:

Are you offering to host an online Poetry Workshop? Do you know we have online classes here, and we meet in our very own voice chat to hold them? You are more than welcome to host / guide / lead a Poetry Workshop right here in our own home!

Now Sister AngelicSage has mentioned some things that i don't have a clue about ... :) ... but if you can come up with a way to present the workshop in voice chat, on the mic, you are more than welcome to do so. You'll probably have to make some adjustments, based on the fact that you'll be doing it online vs offline, but that would make it quite unique i'd imagine. You're welcome to establish it however you'd like.

Please come into the voice chat Sister ... www.destee.com/chat ... check it out ... see how it works ... see if you can hear others ... see if we can hear you (you'll need a mic for this part) ... and take it from there.

We'd love to have an Online Poetry Workshop hosted by you! :)

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back