Khasm13 : Poetry - Critique & Workshop Forum Rules ~~Please Read~~

Discussion in 'Khasm13' started by Khasm13, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    Hello fellow poets, I am here to announce the opening of a new forum here on Destee. This room will hence forth be known as the “ Poetry - Critique & Workshop ”. In this “Poetry - Critique & Workshop ”, poets will be granted the opportunity to drop a piece and get an objective opinion on the elements and the form that is contained in their work. Poets can also come here to critique other poet’s pieces. The general idea behind this concept is to allow poets to get other poet’s honest thoughts and ideas concerning their work. This will allow the writer to explore a broader train of thought when analyzing their work. We will use this forum as a workshop for poets trying to take their work to the next level. The rules of the room are very basic in nature; they consist of 5 main points.

1) At all times and on all posts…NO NAME CALLING!

2) No blatant hating on a poet’s piece.(example: this poem is garbage or this poem is crap! :lol: )

3) If you reply to a poet’s piece and post a critique along the lines of something you think they could have done better, give an example of this. This will give the poet a clearer understanding of the point you are trying to convey.

4) The poet who writes the poem is responsible for these same rules in their responses.

5) A poet should only post if they are ready for an honest critique from other poets. Comments should not be taken personally. The goal is growth. :climb:

We all can gain a lot by listening to each other. We all have different views on life, love and poetry here on Destee. This is what every poet brings to the table here and it’s a beautiful thing when it all comes together. If you have any questions please post them in this thread. With that being said, let’s continue to build and grow as a family.

:grouphug:

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    :jumping: YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY :jumping:

I'm quite excited about this new forum and direction we're taking Brother Khasm!

We have long been a community that could only say nice things about a poet's work. We have had many Members ask for this type of forum, but in the past we've been reluctant to provide it for a number of reasons. As we continue to grow in so many different directions, it was clear that we had to bite the bullet, and give the Family what they've been asking for.

Given the very loving and respectful community that we have, i'm confident that this same Spirit will manifest itself in this forum too. We have many poets here, both novice and seasoned, and there's always room for improving one's craft. I do think that it takes some "nerve" to post here, as one will have to be prepared for what could be considered negative critiques, but even they can be constructive.

I personally can't imagine myself posting any poetry in here, because ... well ... first of all, i'm not a poet ... not fa real ... and secondly, i don't feel myself qualified to critique another's work ... and thirdly, if yall say something too negative about my work ... i'm gonna cry ... :cry: ... so for those like me, who might be a little bit more sensitive than the average person ... and not quite ready for both the positive and negative, as it relates to your poetry ... please don't post here. You don't have to. You can continue posting in the other forums, where the same rules still apply ... if a person has nothing kind to say, they should say nothing at all!

Please Family ... let us know how you feel about this new forum. We realize that it's very different from what we've done in the past, and we want your opinions on it. You are welcome to post right here in this thread.

Let the festivities begin! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

3. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    hehehe @ des....

well alrighty then!!!!!!!!!

I think can be something great :read:

Lookin forward to what shall come....:read:

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Congratulations on the new forum yall! Now where the inspiring poets at?

Come on and get yall growth medicine! Good Luck and much love to you all! Now when yall drop your books, don't forget to let us know and don't forget to dedicate it to your family at Destee.com! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :grouphug:

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    IT's really about time.

6. Kori

Kori Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +3
    Im gald that you finally put this on as a forum because my goal when posting online is to better myself as a poet, now I have that oppurtunity in a place where everyone is active. Loving this quite a bit actually

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    destee...i could not have said that better myself...let's do this...

triniti...i am looking forward to this too...u betta drop some joints ova here miss "i'm not a poet"...lol

purplemoons...i know that we are gonna have some authors come from this...i can feel it :)...thanks for the warm wishes

manasiac...u aint neva lied my brotha...word

kori...this is exactly where you need to be...we are gonna do some great things in this room...and it's all love :heart:

i will be droppin a piece for honest critique shortly...c'mon fam...don't let me down...le't get out growth on...

one love
    khasm

8. angelicsage

angelicsage Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful...
    this place has been long awaited

So excited,
    Sage

9. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +162
    I'm one of the senitive ones, so don't mess with me Khasm...understand? cause I know, you know...that I know...that :happens: when you dis-obey me. You're young, and I know you need all your limbs :wchair: ...am I right?
    just joking of course, I can't wait to see..who's first...lol
    I agree, I think this is a wonderful idea "workshop" ...it''s needed.
    however I do have a question:
    Are we allowed to enter a poem that's already in the forums? or do we start from strach?

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    sista sage....you know that this was an idea that we came up with a while back....it's so lovely that it is now coming to fruition...;)...i am looking for some of your wise words in this piece...fa sho! :)

sista qt...:lol:...are u threat'n me with violence? :lol:...smh...umm, yeah...poets can put a poem already on destee in here for critique...it doesn't matter....thanks for the support.

one love
    khasm