Poetry Discussion : Poetic Etiquette - Please Read!

yes Kitana ya right and sure their are many poets who
have little time so when they come flow one hit someone
now thats a days deed for sure

msb....... when ya vibe is on sure flow head on but
as u do hit a few in return and flow some mo hit again
see to make dis what is once was it to show every new
member how it's done and they will catch on to our heels

I have notice how some drop pieces all day every other day
and never take da time to give love yet seek it ...
Not Fare!
we have to hit our new members fast and sweet so they feel
da welcome
then they will know how love flow in here
sure i love to write yet i feel da poetic joy when i reply
it just my way of love .......everything will be fine y'all coz $$RICH$$ is here ............

Pay it foward, lol.

I'm new here so first of all let me say that I’m really glad I found this community, I think it’s really a nice place. I have noticed some of the things that you are discussing, but I don’t think people mean any harm by not responding. Has anyone ever seen pay it forward, lol. We should try to understand that as we reply to others, we are in essence replying to ourselves if everybody takes the time to reply. As long as that is constantly stressed it will happen. Anyway I appreciate everyone who showed me love and I will do the same.

playing devil's advocate

on the other hand....
when you post your poetry you put yourself out there. the anxiety and the desire for responses is all a part of posting and being a poet. if you get none, you get none. there's not much you can do about that *even though we as the destee family can do something about this by saying one word WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME*. your response doesn't have to be an essay or dissertation. all of this is a part of being a poet. everybody who reads you is not going to like nor agree with you.
*still, this is more of a family/community and we can be the exception* by taking the time for these "unspoken" rules and making them spoken. if you want a response, ask for it. ask for honest/constructive criticism IF (and i do mean IF) that is what you want. don't ask for something you might not be able to handle. everyone doesn't always have words of encouragement.
if you can't respond or don't have the time, don't feel bad. i don't. i don't have the time. but when i do, i do what i can.

saying all that to say
"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

peace and blessings

Now if we just put it to practice!

One good thing came out of this which equates to equal time, replying to people who reply to you and post and reply, whichever works for you, this I believe is one good solid place to start. "We are artist and therefore "Ego's" go with the territory. Creative expression yes, but Art gains beauty by being appreciated. You might be surprised that piece you passed by may have been the inspiration to your masterpiece!
Blessings on Ya House!:cool:

"Just A Few Words"

Hi everyone,

I know I am new to the site and not quite an old G yet (smile).
But I must add a few things and my hopes are not to offend or piss anybody off. Please understand my attentions are all good.

The one thing I liked the most about the site and it caused me to ecome to excited maybe to the point of not considering the other poets posting and for that I humbly apolgize. But the fact that there was no rules or to many guidlines that I knew of to hinder your flow, and that's a poets dream. I will have to adhere to whatever the site decides and that's not a problem. As a new poet coming in to the site I must say it was great not to many places you can post that will let you have your freedom and everyone showing such love right away, but in return I show love because thats what we deserve and we all are good and beautiful in our own rights and know one can take that away from us. If I have not replied to everyone's work yet them bare with me and I most surely will as my time permitts, I have limited time and I think that's why i was posting so much at one time because I know that sometimes I can't get back as often as I would like (like everyday:D ) So my hopes is that as a family I hope we can just all get along, and even though I had considered not coming back for a brief moment. I realized that we all have different temperments and like one of the poets said above, we are all grown folks up in here and not children, I try to give respect to everyone and love, but when you scold me like I am a child it backs me in a corner and you should watch out, because the lioness will come out growling. But I am with you guys if you will still have me around... Hope I did not step out of line by speaking my mind.

Be Blessed
Queen:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back