Poetry Discussion : Poetic Etiquette - Please Read!

Miss Destee

maybe we could call it Poetic Etiquette...

:)

I also agree with not posting too many of your peaces at one time...but on the other hand I can understand how a new member would do this.....this is a great place to be and when you post work here the response is usually immediate as well as supportive and constructive...and being new it feels exciting and satisfying to have people actually read and comment on your work...I have noticed some new members posting regularly and then after a while settle into the same routine that we all have, because after a while you read and watch and learn how the board works...it's all a learning process, but I agree with you that there are some unspoken rules we all must take into account, in consideration of the family as a whole...

K

That's why Destee Wuz so special!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we are not going to become like all the other sites where we get into this regiment of the same ole same ole, the same people holding the front page , then getting annoyed cause someone else is flowing a lot more product than the other , it sounds like censorship . I am with Rich, it kept me away for a month when I noticed that some people are just not going to read you no matter what "ETIQUETTE", is inforced or suggested.
I like the old Destee, where we knew it was a playground and we existed to play and create, now we have to worry about rules and unofficial rules at that. I wil stay cause compared to the other sites, it is still in my opinion one of the Best. But, if we start seperating people from the herd and hindering the creative spirit, we may as well say...you have to wait two days before you can post again. Please check with someone else to make sure that they are getting their fair share of front page time! Come on now, nothing is guaranteed...And hard work poetry or otherwise should be rewarded, not squashed. I guess I will shut up now, before I become "Persona Non Grata" again!
Blessings on Destee's House!
May we find a middle ground that everyone can live with. But, if the spirit hit's me I am going to flow like I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

I think this has been mentioned before but I'll mention it here anyway...

maybe we could make an effort to take notice of and respond to poets whose work is not getting any/many replies...just to give them some support and encouragement...

and I think Rich's idea of trying to reply to a set limit is a good idea if you have the time to do it...I realise there are a lot of poets here who don't have that time, but for those of us that do it might be a nice idea......

K

Thanks for the tips everyone. Remember, this thread is to give the new folk coming in a heads up regarding how to make their stay a pleasant one. No one forum can be all things to all people ... but we can certainly try.

I appreciate everyone's help. Keep the suggestions coming ...

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back