Black Events : Poetflow 2002 In Alabama!!!!

klabarron

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 1, 2001
Montgomery Alabama
Occupation
USAFR Training Technician
HI FAM! (I HAVE DESTEE'S PERMISSION TO POST HERE!!!)

RIGHT OFF THE BAT – THIS IS NOT A POLL!!! IT’S AN INVITATION!!!

The DESTEE FAM Siblings in Montgomery Alabama will host POET FLOW 2002, Friday through Sunday, August 2-4. This event will take place! Whether there are 10 family members or 100 we will be vibin’!

WHERE: Best Suites Hotel
Montgomery, Alabama
WHEN: Friday August 2 through Sunday, August 4
HOSTS: k. laBarron, Mizdee, Danilyn/Rashad, MsBerry98, and other local poets.

TENTATIVE EVENTS:

Friday, August 2nd 7:00 p.m. – Mixer/Flow

Saturday, August 3rd ALL DAY – Poet Flow ( It will be categorized into themes so you can hit what you so desire) /Poetry in the Park/Art Gallery Visit/
Cultural tours throughout the day (Optional)
7:00 p.m. Family Dinner/Flow

Sunday, August 4th - 6:00 a.m. Early Morning Vibes
8:00 a.m. PLANNING MEETING FOR 2003
10:30 a.m. Worship (OPTIONAL)
1:00 p.m. Early Dinner (For those who remain)

SESSION ATTENDANCE:

All REGISTERED DESTEE FAM members will attend and perform free of charge.

NON DESTEE FAM memberS will have the option a per session charge or a weekend pass purchase that will allow them to attend all Open Sessions.

The public will be invited to attend shows so that the DESTEE FAM can showcase our flavor for the city and surrounding areas.

RESERVATIONS: Contact Hotel Solutions/Tandi Mitchell (334) 279-1334
FAX (334)279-9948. Reservations are taken from 8-5 CST or by fax. Room cost is $55 to $60. Rooms are available Best Suites and Baymont Inn. (King Rooms = 2 adults w/king bed & sleeper sofa. Double Rooms = 3 adults w/2 double beds & sleeper sofa. Each additional adult per room is $10.) Price include hot breakfast either continental or buffet. Be prepared to provide a credit card number, check-in/check-out dates/times. Payment will be due upon check-in. Contact Tandi for more information if necessary.

CANCELLATIONS: Hotel reservations must be canceled by 4:00 CST on the date of arrival.

TRAVEL: DESTEE FAM members must coordinate your own travel. We will pick up from the airport and shuttle to our reunion location.

LOCAL TRAVEL: Vans will be secured for local transportation to off-site events.

VENDORS: DESTEE FAM MEMBERS who have registered to attend will vend for free.

NON-FAM MEMBERS will incur a $50.00 vendors fee or a 10% Sales Agreement with the host FAM.

FEES: The Conference fee is $50.00. THIS IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND DUE NOT LATER THAN JULY 1st, 2002!

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT. IT WILL BE HOT IN ALABAMA THAT WEEKEND.

ya'll come and vibe with us in the dirty south!

all of us( kla, danilyn, msberry98, and rashad) r extremely excited about hosting the reunion and having ALL of ya'll come to visit. we r planning some BIG surprises and three dayz of nonstop vibin' and freestylin'! don't let us down - come and be part of the fun!

dee:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Oh... for sure.....

I can hardly contain my excitement about this event. Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to put names and faces together with those we call family. I haven't been part of the FAM all that long but I must say that I immediately felt at home and loved. Please come out and show your support. I'll be coming from MD just for this event (not like I had a choice since KLA made me a host :lol: ). I would like to meet each and everyone of my brothers and sisters who I've come to know through their dynamite pieces. Love and blessings to each of you. And.... hope I see you there.

PS Do you know how off the chain a Bday party for Sunny E would be? Oh my gosh. I get the shakes just thinking about it. :x:

Smooches :kiss:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back