Black People : PLEASE SEE SKID ROW THRU MY EYEZ

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MRS. LADY, Aug 27, 2008.

1. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    HOTEP BROTHERS AND SISTERS:

I MOVED TO LOS ANGELES.

I OFTEN READ THE DEBATES, DISAGREEMENTS, TEACHINGS, OPINIONS ETC.

FOR MYSELF, AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE, THE BEST WAY TO LEARN AND OBTAIN KNOWLEDGE IS NOT FROM WHAT OTHER PEOPLE TELL YOU, BUT TO WITNESS SITUATIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES FOR YOURSELF.

IF I HAVE BEEN ON EDGE OR ASSERTIVE, I AM NATURALLY THIS WAY. I HAVE NO RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY TYPE OF "HAPPINESS".

THOSE OF YOU WHO SHARE WITH ME ALREADY KNOW OF MY TRIP TO NEW ORLEANS, AND THE SITUATION THERE, AS WELL AS LAS VEGAS.

THERE ARE MANY THREADS ABOUT "BLACK", ALTHOUGH THAT IS A LABEL, WHAT "AMERICA" IS ABOUT, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY SOMETHING WITH REGARD TO THE SAME.

WALKING AMOUNG OUR PEOPLE, A PEOPLE WHO ARE DEAD, HAS BEEN HEARTBREAKING. IF YOU COULD SEE THE AMOUNT OF HOPELESS, HOMELESS PEOPLE FIRST HAND, AND THE SELL OUT PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO CARE, I AM CERTAIN YOU ATTITUDE WOULD BE THE SAME AS MINE.

I MADE A SUGGESTION TO EVERYONE THAT YOU READ CHEIF ELDER OSIRIS' ARTICLES. THE REASON WHY IS BECAUSE I AM WITTNESSING AS I TRAVEL AROUND THIS COUNTRY EVIDENCE OF THE TRUTHS THAT HE SPEAKS.

IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE MOST OF THE BLACK PEOPLE HERE ARE ON DRUGS. IF THEY ARE NOT ON "ILLEGAL" DRUGS, THEN THEY ARE ON PERSCRIPTION ONES.

THEY SLEEP ON THE STREETS.

EVERY DAY THERE ARE "CHRISTIANS" ON EVERY CORNER PREACHING TO THESE PEOPLE ABOUT "FAITH".

AS THESE PEOPLE STARVE AND DIG IN TRASH CANS, THOSE SAME SELF-RIGHTEOUS PREACHERS ARE STANDING THERE IN THEIR SUNDAY BEST, WITH ALL KINDS OF DIOMANDS OFFERING "HOPE".

THE FIRST THING I WONDER IS WHY THEY ARE NOT OFFERING ANY OF THOSE SAME PEOPLE THAT THEY CLAIM TO CARE SO DEEPLY ABOUT A PLACE TO STAY.

THEN TO MAKE IT WORSE. MOST OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE HAPPILY WEARING THERE LET'S MAKE A "CHANGE" BARACKKA T'SHIRTS LIKE THAT IS GOING TO SAVE THEM. DO THEY REALLY THINK THAT BARRACK IS GOING TO COME ON DOWN AND TAKE THE HEROIN NEEDLES OUT THEY NECK FOR THEM.

SO IF I AM ANGRY, I WILL REMAIN ANGRY.

WITH REGARD TO THE ISSUE OF "HOW BLACK ANYONE IS" LET'S DIG INTO THAT FOR A MOMENT.

IT IS THE BLACK PEOPLE, OUR PEOPLE THAT ARE THE ONES' DEALING AND GETTING RICH. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US OR THEMSELVES.

IT IS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE THE SHUTTERS OFF THEY EYES. IT'S TIME FOR PEOPLE TO STOP HIDING BEHIND "RELIGION", WHICH AGAIN SERVES TO WEAKEN THE MIND, AND TO RISE UP AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. I AM ABOUT IT.

I AM POINTING NO FINGERS AT ANYONE. IF YOU WANT TO WEAR A SHOE THEN WEAR IT.

I LOVE YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH (WELL MOST OF YA'LL)

SOME OF YOU ARE JUST HERE TO MAKE TROUBLE, BUT THAT'S ALL GOOD ALSO.

I FINALLY REALIZED THAT SOME JUST DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER.

PART OF BEING REAL WITH YOURSELF IS TO ALWAYS WANT TO LEARN AND GROW.

I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN WHY WE BUILD IN A CIPHER.

NO, I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE ANSWERS, BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS, AN ANSWER THAT I DO NOT HAVE IS A TRUTH THAT I WILL SEEK.

AND CHRISTIANITY IS NOT IT.

JESUS WAS A REVOLUTIONARY THAT WAS ABOUT REVOLUTION.

BE BLESSED.

A PERIOD OF MOURNING HAS BEGAN FOR ME.

ONE LOVE

KNOW THYSELF!

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

WOW, YOU WAS WALKING DOWN IN SKID ROW, SKID ROW WOULD CHANGE HOW YOU SEE EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW.

3. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Your mission

is a challenging one from the sounds of it Sister, but I believe in you. I don't know the reasons behind your travels although I can intuit a few possibilities.
    Funny, I was just reading a passage from a book of meditations that describes a messiah as any leader of a cause / purpose; and to me you understand the concept of Jesus just fine. He represents the revolutionary, the one who boldly goes out and does something, and doesn't just think or talk about it. I honor the messiah in you, your strength and courage. Know that the power of your awakened mind can and will awaken all who can see and hear you, all that you will touch in some shape or form. All I can offer you at this moment is my words of support; and a heartfelt prayer to the Egun for your continued protection and support.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    a "skid road" was the (usually) hill down which the tress slid to the harbor for loading onto ships/trains/wagons heading for the mill. here in seattle, "skid road" is generally thought of as where yesler way terminates into pioneer square. this is where i "work" and have "worked" off and on since about 84.

yeah, it's a mess. and it will change one's perceptions to touch, and be touched, by my peers.

but i wouldn't trade it for all the bling bling or status or nationlal conventions or three piece suits or any of that "stylish"/gq type stuff in the world!!

there is Truth and Real down here! there is Hardship and there is Tempering! it will Teach one one's Truths and one's True Strengths!

as far as the preachers and such go, we'll accept their food and donation "sacrifices" since it appears to give them the illusion of doing "penance" and/or "doing something", but that's all we'll take ... unless they want to open a shelter and get out of the way and let us manage it.

this is where i Work, Live and Grow every day!

Welcome to my World: Street Nation Earth!

Thank you for attempting to show it to them.

5. darklionarts

darklionarts Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8

Word! Skid row is no joke. I was doing a little shopping/bartering in the downtown section called "the alley" and somehow I wandered onto skid row. It was like a scene from a third world country. Mind boggling.................

But in contrast you have West Angeles Cathedral (C.O.G.I.C) on Crenshaw blvd which cost about 50 million dollars to build. Now its just my opinion but it seems to me that these so called mega-churches could better utilize the "mega-bucks" that they rake in.........................

"A ***** need food, ya got to have food for ya health
    And clothes, gear to keep a steam for yaself
    Son, shelter, a place to lay for rest when ya stressed
    Over life, 'cause it's trife and aint no god gon help ya"

Dead Prez - Food Clothes and Shelter

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    First and foremost, I would like to welcome you to the Destee Family & Community, darklionarts. We hope that you continue to share knowledge and information with us, such that we can build and keep each other well informed.

As for the above-quoted, that song is actually entitled These are the Times, composed by Dead Prez. I find myself listening to it alot as of late - maybe because I respect their music that well. I will provide a link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lntE7kTPTxU

Make yourself at home here, Brother!

KWABENA

- Representing Destee's Best TEAM Ever! -

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

In a way I argee with you but I have my own thoughts as I used to drive through skid row for most of the past twenty odd years going to work. And if I wasnt driving I was on the by headed to union station and going by the Mission.

You speak of Revolution but what are the "revolutionaries" doing about Skid Row and ATL's homeless in 5 Points and the Underground?

There are former homeless activists such as Ted Hayes who now are right wing Minutemen.

In all of his posturing before news cameras what is Najee Ali and Project HOPE doing for the homeless on Skid Row?

What is the Nation of Islam and Ron Kareng's organization doing about Skid Row?

What is the South Central Organizing Committee, Kwanzaa People of Color, New Black Panthers, Brotherhood Crusade, Urban League, Black Agenda, NAAACP doing for Skid Row?

Go ahead blame it on the faith-based organizations and if you really check out Skid Row you might find that some of them are the ONLY ones in LA doing anything for the folks on Skid Row.

Peace

8. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    :hearthis: we need many many many more like u whom are not confused and see what is truly going on. as one whom has allways been know to "keep it real" I love being around those whom do so as well. Hearing a sister speaks these words lets me know all is not lost. :hearts2:

9. darklionarts

Ratings:
    +8
    Adupue! and Ire................

10. darklionarts

Ratings:
    +8
    omowalejabali said, "Go ahead blame it on the faith-based organizations and if you really check out Skid Row you might find that some of them are the ONLY ones in LA doing anything for the folks on Skid Row........."

I understand your point and I have to admit that I'm one of those guilty parties. Kind of in the same vein as those who criticize wealthy celebrities like Oprah and M. Jordan for "never doing enough".

".........but what are the "revolutionaries" doing about Skid Row and ATL's homeless in 5 Points and the Underground?"

I used to work for the South Bay Workforce Investment board (SBWIB) in Inglewood where we distributed monies via the workforce investment act. Anyway a sister that also worked there by the name of Taliba Shakur ran with the Black Panthers back in the 60's and through her I was introduced to several "former" black panthers and ALL of them were struggling just to make it. Some of the cats were hustling pocket books, incense and other trinkets, committing petty crimes in order to eat. Most had been in and out of prison and some were homeless. These brother were like f@$#K the revolution- BGF for life (Black Guerilla Family)! They shared their stories about how they gave everything for the "movement" and they felt abandoned. They even stressed how they felt betrayed by Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt..........for not sharing his settlement money. Listening to these once proud warriors now bitter shadows of their former selves moved me in a profound way. It was at that point that I stopped calling myself a revolutionary because after all the years that these brothers rebelled against the system, lived in fear- literally hunted by L.A.P.D. , bled and even killed.......for us/me---- all that i could do for them was give them a free $40 dollar bus pass.