Support : Please Report Violations - Disrespectful Posts, Name Calling, Questionable Content, Etc.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
You asked a question and I answered it.

Sorry if that offends you.

Let me put it this way, James.

If you seeked a quarter and found one, you would know you'd found a quarter, right?

The same logic applies to finding the truth.

What the heck is "seeked"? Do you mean "sought"?

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Kemetstry, I tried to engage dude--everyone knows that I'm referring to CosmicMessenger, so...)--I tried to engage dude in regards to how he was applying hateful religious rhetoric towards Black women in any and all kinds of threads. I tried. Fella ran! Ran straight to a pat declaration of his belief in his FATHER!

Thing is, the OP had *nothing* to do with religion. Not a thing! He brought that perspective into the thread, so I figured why not engage him in regards to *his interpretation* of TRUTH (from an historical perspective).

If I was to understand him to not be a *troll*, then yeah, dude had/has a right to share his positions here, same as me and anybody else. Still does. I even ain't in his (or anyone else's way) when they feel the need to run for protection, too. When he did this (ran) from what I had to say, I recognized that and immediately disengaged from dialoguing with him.

Push/shove, if dialoguing with me left him feeling uncomfortable or more, somehow *at risk*, I had no right to do that kind of thing to him (or to anyone else), so...

But his obvious persistence (his approach) in engaging in dialogue with all other members that he attracts into dialogue--and him not being a troll? Well, I'd do my best to skirt past his auto-diatribes against Black women, and I thought I was doing OK with that (no more than annoyed with him and his posts). Been doing this kind of thing for years, here--occasionally having to shine something on. No biggie.

He tore his drawers with me, though, when he attacked Cherry--it was the 'way' he went about it--that attack. He escalated his rhetoric by specifically targeting a Black woman--a fellow member--and he targeted a fellow Christian member! Isn't that inexcusable? But anyhow...

My issue with him: Dude is all over the place (in terms of current topics). I realized that my own personal feelings of anathema for his mindless posted positions was starting to build up towards the level of his own personal anathema for Black women. Like I posted earlier, I got tired of his rhetoric.

Since he's laced himself (his auto-diatribes) all through the current topics, this didn't leave me with much that I could safely check into without *finding* CosmicMessenger already there, doing his thing!

Enough! But how to avoid dude? SMH, I really was thinking to not support the site! As if that was all I could do to register my own displeasure with my Destee experience*. Trust, I saw it as my own personal issue. I didn't once think to register a complaint against CosmicMessenger. He IS a member. Has as many rights to be a member as any of us have, so...and, I NEVER think to use that dang IGNORE feature!

Not until houserunner's post about it. Duh, right? LOL!

One Love, and PEACE

So you took it personal and then made it personal? His thing should have nothing to do with the topic. Which was my point. I have been accused ( falsely ) of doing similar. Which is why I asked for an apology. ( Still waiting! ) Some people you take with a grain of salt for obvious reasons. He didn't attack you personal initially. You LET him get under your skin. There are others in here that revel in doing that

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
... he is easily dismissible.

... again, he is easily dismissible.

if he's so easily dismissible Sister ... why you aint dismissed this yet ... why you still talk'n 'bout him ... ??

you over here almost bait'n him in ... refuse'n to let bygones be bygones ... digg'n in deeper.

CosmicMessenger i'm watching your posts, and thus far, i aint seen nuth'n you dun did or said wrong

Sister ... i asked in this post if we could give him a ... "from this point forward" ... opportunity ... can we?

love you!

:heart:

Destee

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
if he's so easily dismissible Sister ... why you aint dismissed this yet ... why you still talk'n 'bout him ... ??

you over here almost bait'n him in ... refuse'n to let bygones be bygones ... digg'n in deeper.

CosmicMessenger i'm watching your posts, and thus far, i aint seen nuth'n you dun did or said wrong

Sister ... i asked in this post if we could give him a ... "from this point forward" ... opportunity ... can we?

love you!

:heart:

Destee

One of the site features I find most useful is the search option.

If you were to type the word "fools" and then search it might become more obvious the complaints of some members posting in this thread.

This thread alone serves as proof why a "justice system" may never get off the ground. Too many here getting personal without knowing when to disengage.

It does not seem to be a member violation to INFER that members are fools or not "intelligent" but it does seem to be foolish and unintelligent to bicker in a thread concerning member violations. I can understand those who feel violated but I placed the member in question on ignore long ago so I would not react to his inferences.

So, here is my suggestion. "Fools", and a few more words need to be added to the banned list.

Fieldpea

Oct 15, 2005
The 602
So you took it personal and then made it personal? His thing should have nothing to do with the topic. Which was my point. I have been accused ( falsely ) of doing similar. Which is why I asked for an apology. ( Still waiting! ) Some people you take with a grain of salt for obvious reasons. He didn't attack you personal initially. You LET him get under your skin. There are others in here that revel in doing that

Kemetstry, I used to be an active member of Black Planet. The day came, though, when I had to walk away from that place. My decision to do that was *personal* in that I had a vested interest in being an active member there (I had a particular forum that I'd begun in there that I liked a great deal), so walking away from BP meant something to me, in that I also walked away from that forum, too.

I had justifiable regrets on the day that I left that forum, but concurrently, not a single, solitary regret about leaving BP, as that site had completely devolved beyond my being able (willing) to support it in any way further, so I left.

No, CosmicMessenger didn't attack me directly; however, I keep the right to decide how I feel about the entirety of a web community as *the overall experience* has value (positive or negative). I decide, each day, about whether or not I want to come back *here*. Normally, that's an easy decision. Lately, it started getting kinda hard. I identified why that was; yet, I couldn't figure out a satisfactory way to turn that around.

I accept fault for beginning to struggle with wanting to find, and to read topics that aren't laced with vicious hate speak against Black women (me shrugging).

IGNORE is working.

One Love, and PEACE

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: