Black Relationships : Please help, ADVICE?!

then he truly is a jerk then if he thinks thats what i can offer him....but what does he mean he can only offer a good time? what exactly is he offering when saying a good time? he really doesnt have money like that so he cant offer me money

Good Time = sex!!!!! :SuN042:

:wine:

Oh man.. this thread is still kickin' huh??

I just read through allll the pages again.. disheartening..

*sighs*

The problem is that many sisters talk a good game, but they dont use peer pressure to enforce it. There is no way some of her friends should not have grabbed her by the blouse and smacked some sense into her

Hey board, Im new im coming over from another board, and I am in desperate need of some advice: PLEASE HELP! Its a three parter, and im getting this from the other board..this was my first post on the board when i needed advice first: Good Afternoon everyone, I am new to the site and I just want to send a warm welcome to everyone! I have a scenario for you all to pick at, I need some friendly advice....

I am 22....

You started this topic in May of 2007, now, almost TWO YEARS LATER, you are still on the internet asking for advice. And this is not the ONLY board you've been on with this. Did you think you would get wanted you WANTED to hear if you asked several different places?

Your friend and many people here, men and women, have explained to you what this is you are living, but you refuse to accept the truth.

This guy keeps “hanging on” to you and keeps coming back to you because YOU LET HIM.

You are not a “victim.” You are a VOLUNTEER.

NOW, you are 24 years and, depending on your birthday month, maybe even 25. So, YOU NEED TO GROW UP. It is time for you to decide what it is you want and deserve in a relationship and HOW you deserve to be treated and NOT accept less than that.

Yes, you may “love him.” but this is “TOXIC LOVE.”

http://joy2meu.com/Toxiclove.htm

Your low self-esteem is what makes you keep hanging on to HIM and keep taking him back, over and over again, and YOU need to STOP this self-destructive, dysfunctional behavior.

STOP believing that “having a PIECE of a man is better than no man at all.”

STOP trying to BUY a man with gifts or giving him money.
(A REAL man wouldn't take it. Yes, in a relationship, both should be giving unto the other, but if it's all one-sided, you're being used.)

STOP trying to KEEP a man with SEX.
(If you keep giving it up, he'll keep taking it.)

STOP throwing yourself at a man with hints about marriage or a committed relationship.
(If a man really wants you, he will TELL YOU that he wants you in his life and he will SHOW you by respecting you.)

STOP begging a man to be with you or spend some time with you.
(If a man wants you and only you in his life, his behavior will show that.)

Here is an old expression which is surely true for your situation:

“When a man shows you who and what he is, you need to pay attention!”

And this man has shown you for TWO YEARS what kind of man he is. YOU just won't accept the truth and be strong enough to WALK AWAY and STAY AWAY from HIM no matter how he may try to come back into your life.

People can only do to you what YOU allow them to do.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back