Black Poetry : Please Father forgive me........

So true, girl, that biological age isn't an indicator of much most times. I am am almost a couple decades a head of ya, and have wondered this same question: how do you know when you're grown. I know that personally, I will never stop growing and evolving until the day I die. It's just my nature. Over the last few years, I have decided that "being grown" is more of a cultural illusion.

I think a more pertinent question is, how do you know when you're at peace. Those demons you are describing - I have some of my own. We all do. I think when you come to terms with them and let them all pass out of your system and being, that is where the peaceful place begins, and it's the springboard for one to leap to great things.

I love the honesty and realness of this piece, Da1. I am feelin ya on many levels, and I am glad you wrote this. Sendin you peace and love as you continue on your path, girl.

I am so saddened after this poem
How can an adult cause a five year old harm
I feel so alone
Because I don't know how to show my love to you more
I know where you comin' from
But I don't know how your really feel because I haven't come from there before
However, I can say
The more you pray
The more the storm will change to a brighter day
The more the pain shall shift it's weight
And the less pain you will entake
Keep your head up sister and keep up the pray
day after day!!!
For he hears everything you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back