Black People : pleas delete thx

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by prometheusunbou, Mar 22, 2003.

1. prometheusunbou

prometheusunbou Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    pleas delete thx

2. logicGirl

logicGirl New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
  3. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    thanks kemetstry. Shoshawna Johnson is her name.

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    What is this war REALLY about?

I'll admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about politics or the politics of war so I hesitate to even reply to most of what's said about it here. But I'm curious about some things and want to know more about what's really going on.

I get tired of the cable news channels covering the war between America and Iraq as though it was a movie made in Hollywood. What I'd really like to know is the real reason to explain why America has such hostility against Muslim countries and always takes an aggressive stance against them. I'm sure there's more behind the reason for America initiating this war against Iraq than what the White House sound bites or news is revealing.

What confuses me too is why America seems to always support Israel (and Ariel Sharon was a military brute before he became Prime Minister of Israel) and show little to no respect for Muslim countries. What are Muslim countries doing that's so different than most countries of the Western world besides not worshipping at the feet of the almighty USA?

Why is it that our government always wants to give Israel such wide latitude to behave in a barbaric way by killing Palestinians, and the minute a Muslim country shows any aggression, we send missiles flying toward them. Is this a religious issue, economic issue, racial issue?

The USA is always supporting and protecting Israel, so I think Israel should pay the bills for this war and not American tax-paying citizens since they stand go gain a great deal, don't you think? And what does Great Britain stand to gain by licking Bush's boots?

Even though Bush has asked them to stop, do you think that Russia will stop selling high tech weapons to the Iraqi's? On the border of Turkey and Northern Iraq, Turkey claims that stray missiles from America have landed in it's borders and killed innocent civilians and that's unacceptable. What do you think Turkey will do if that continues?

I know that it was brutal and shocking to see pictures of dead soldiers on the news and in newspapers shown by the Iraqi military. Things like that aren't seen everyday in this country so it seem heartless. But do you think that America has always abided by the rules of the Geneva Convention?

From what I've heard, Colin Powell has always been opposed to us going to war with Iraq. It's been reported that he felt that we should have given the UN team more time to try to locate WMD. I also read that Condoleeza was ready to go to war from jump and that's been one major point of contention between she and Colin in this administration. How do you see Colin Powell and Condoleeza?

What do you think about the Black man soldier that threw the grenades in the tents of his military team?

If a war took place on American soil, as a civilian, would you take arms to protect yourself and family from the "enemy"? What about to defend your country?

What is war good for? Anything?

I know I've asked a lot of questions and raised quite a few issues, but I'd appreciate learning your thoughts.

:)

5. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    prometheusunbou, given what you say, then won't Black AMERICANS have to answer to a higher power as well during this war in Iraq as well as in our communities? Why aren't Blacks reacting like many did during the Vietnam conflict by protesting against the "legal" killing of people that never called them the "N" word or did anything to harm them? Sure, Black Americans are 'victims' caused by involuntary slavery but aren't we also perpetrators of crimes against our fellow man? Isn't Black-on-Black crime a form of genocide? Don't we have to answer for our own behavior by choosing to take drugs? Maybe we're not killing nations of people at one time but, isn't sticking a needle with illegal drugs in your veins or snorting white powder up your nose or smoking crack a form of mass suicide, regardless of where it came from? And isn't the worst crime of all when Blacks follow blindly behind the white man who obviously has his own agenda, to do his bidding without question? Why is there so much apathy among Black Americans and why haven't we spoken out more publicly against this war or have we and I've just not seen or heard of it? What does the average Black American stand on this issue and if America's time is short as you say, then where does that leave Black Americans in the whole scheme of things? If white America falls, will Black America rise? If so, why hasn't that happened yet? Haven't we suffered enough to cause an uprising in your view? I'm not trying to defend white Americans and put down my people, but I wonder what our judgment day will be like as a race.

What do you think?

6. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    Diodorus, the Greek historian of the first century A.D. wrote of the Kushites or the Ethiopians, that they were the first men on Earth, the people closest to the sun, and that their offerings were the most favored by the gods because these people were the purest of men. it is said that the gods all preferred to go there for their feasts.
    Fear grips White America the fear that we will grow, Control and dismiss them as they have tried to dismissed us. its not over! I say that The Afro American story is not over, This is the beginning. Knowledge is power and power is just a child away, a book away. Jesus was in the same boat , Hated to the point of hanging hated for his kindness and love for humanity, hated so much that they changed the color of his skin after his death and the true message that he spoke. They fear us for our adaptability to whatever comes our way,They hate us because they want to be us. a round square is a contradiction to logic just
    as White skin is a contradiction to nature. the war that we fight takes place in the mind and spirit, not with possessions of the physical world. want to win? then take a ride inside your mind and empty it as you would a glass of poison, then you will see
    reality. Prometheus Unbound.:deal: :deal:

7. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    In The Devil's Dictionary published 100 years ago: "coalition" is defined as the cooperation between two thieves who have their hands so deep in each others pockets that they cannot rob a third person separately.:uzi::uzi:

8. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    [email protected]...you're deep! Help me out though...

I don't doubt nor question your facts. After reading your discourse, it raises some potent questions for me about why it is that AA's, with so much talent and intellectual ability, would allow someone else of less or equal intelligence to oppress them and for hundreds of years? Are we that much of a peace loving people that we would give someone permission to keep their boot on our foreheads? Back when it first started, we may not have had a choice, but what about now?

It wasn't my intention to leave anyone with the impression that AA's are where they are by their choice alone. We all know the historical facts about our plight since landing on these shores. But, my question is, talent or no talent, intellect or not, if we continue to allow ourselves to be oppressed by not seeking to enlighten ourselves, then who do we blame? Who's at fault in 2003 not 1703.

I bet the Muslim community (and our gov't) knows what this war is all about and Muslims are willing to die for a cause. AA's have been at "war" in this country for decades and we feel we need to take a "wait and see" approach? Why?

9. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    it has not been so long ago that we have gained freedom or should I say, the false appearance of freedom. You have to remember that the white man left his home because he could not find peace or freedom, (he left his home because of the madness that permeates the very core of his race.) this is not true of Africans They were at peace with themselves and there environment. Above I have given 2 different peoples relationship
    with there mother land, One is at odds with life one is at peace with life (Yin and Yang).
    now the white man Walked away from his roots, We were torn from ours and forced
    to live by unnatural rules herein lies the AA dilemma: Torn from truth, Love, Family, Nature torn from the mother land of all humanity to this dismal land of greed and backwards law. I say to you that Life hear is not natural, We have been poisoned by the Idea that we have half a chance at conforming or assimilating to the lie put in front of us.

Christianity as we know it and Islam are not African based beliefs that is why they both fail to do the job of uniting us. We need to get back to the basics. Afro based religion outdates all other religions known to man as a mater of fact all other beliefs are nothing more then watered down versions of all Afro religions. You do the math Africa is the berth place of humanity but we go to Mecca and Israel to be enlightened how insane is that?. AAs adopt to many things that are not African based therefore we suffer. how many of you know that Buddhism is truly African based so is kungfu Want proof? ok hear the next time you look at a Buddha statue examine the ears and hair note that his earlobes have been stretched and hollowed, no other people on earth in his time did that except Africans, now how about that hair note that it is very nappy. Buddha's appearance was changed to hide the truth not just from us but from whites also. In order for us to have order we must let go of white belief systems and (I know that this will raise some eye brows but so what) create from the ground up a new AA religion based on ancient African beliefs.The old saying let go and let God has to be let go of, God never meant for man to sit and do nothing but pray for this and that. We must form a partnership with God in order to be free The real God not that thing that was forced upon us. NNQ: why it is that AA's, with so much talent and intellectual ability, would allow someone else of less or equal intelligence to oppress them
    PU: A gun a Bible and allot of lies, Only the master of deception can dupe the innocent. and remember that
    we did fight, we did not just sit and wait for freedom we killed for it but its hard to find this fact.
    The whites that did help us did so out of concern for the lives of slave holders, they knew that we prized freedom and that we would kill for it.
    NNQ:Are we that much of a peace loving people that we would give someone permission to keep their boot on our foreheads?
    PU: We are moving at a slow speed right now but we are moving to a better tomorrow. The media that cover
    the war so well do not cover the positive moves that are being made in the Black community.
    NNQ: intellect or not, if we continue to allow ourselves to be oppressed by not seeking to enlighten ourselves, then who do we blame?
    PU: I believe that you are one of the most intellectual Black Woman that I have spoken to and there are more
    of you out there making change in the Black community every day, take destee for example this site that she created helps us to exorcise the intellect, at the same time bond with each other on a new level, My Wife started a youth club for Black Girls in our community. lets not leave out the men I do not fit the stereotype of the so-called average Black Man
    I work hard for a living I do not cheat on my wife, I'm involved in my families lives I do not just sit on the sidelines and
    watch things happen I make them happen I support my family and people there are many many of us that are in action
    doing good for the community as I seed before you just wont hear about it.

NNQ:Muslims are willing to die for a cause
    PU: Many of us have to for the good of AAs
    NNQ: if we continue to allow ourselves to be oppressed by not seeking to enlighten ourselves,
    PU: Very good point there are AAs that need to start looking into books and not the boots.

10. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    Wait and see I think that some of us say what else can be done? This war is just another control move
    by the west, if thy cant control it they must destroy, its funny that they could not destroy us.
    We have to start giving our selves more credit, we have to start cheerleading for Black, because
    no one else will. :grouphug: A positive mind creates a positive result.:help: