Black Women : Playing the Who Had it Worse Game?

Gem

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 28, 2003
I have traveled through cyber space, alighted on several boards and rubbed elbows with various people in real time who have been microscopically good, a gaggle of the bad, and mostly indifferent, and I have come to the perhaps not unsurprising consensus that despite the trails and unimaginable tribulations that Blacks have suffered, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, and NA self righteously label us as trying to win the victims award for suffering the most in this great land of ours.

I am intensely aware and amazed at how far we have come in over 500 years, yet I know that we have so much work to be done if we want to have a strong viable community for which to be proud of. Black Unity, self hatred, alarming health concerns, slow suicide, and nihilism are all by products of a much insidious evil in the form of Racism, yet many other races say that we love to play the victim, that others have suffered as well yet they are able to persevere, like the industrious Asians or the tenacious Hispanics, yet we moan and groan over every little slight.

Of course I disagree with this cavalier and unthinking assessment but what do others think? I am tired of other races leveling this claim at Blacks, but to others are we viewed as bit players in the Who had it worse game?

Welcome Gem!

Greetings Gem and I apologize for the delay in welcoming you to our community and responding to your thread. You have asked a very interesting question and presented a very eloquent statement.

Personally I'm about to show what some might call a bias but I don't think Asians are any more industrious than Africans. I don't think that Latinos are any more tenacious than Africans. I'm somewhat resentful that you would consider what I refer to very often as legitimate and sound arguments and objections to disparate treatment, as moaning and groaning..."whoa is me" type behavior. As far as I'm concerned, I could care less what other groups think of Africans because in the end, what does it really matter to anyone but us? When have we seen any of the groups you mentioned, come to our aid and speak out on our behalf and join ranks with us when it really mattered the most?

"Bit players"? Depends on whose game you think we're trying to play in. "Who had it worse game"? No, I don't believe that's what Africans are doing at all. What I strongly believe is happening is Africans demonstrating how tired we are of being compared to other so-called "minorities" as though there is something inherently wrong with us because we refuse to fully assimilate into a foreign and particularly hostile culture. We're tired of fighting the political battles and watching others reap the benefits. We're tired of speaking up and speaking out and being slapped down for it while others point the finger and slither through the crack that we made possible. Do we have a right to be tired of people telling us what we can't get and don't deserve because of how we've been treated as we sit back and watch others get compensated and edified for similar or less severe treatment? Which one's are benefitting from free education tuition and tax reliefs? Which one's can sustain a culture by simply by crossing a border and speaking a common language?

Whatever games or cards that Africans play, in my opinion, they have certainly earned enough of a right to play it even to the tune of playing by their own rules. I'm not losing any sleep worrying about what others think of me and my people. We need to focus our attention on things more important to us and continue to charge ahead just like we've always done. Now, watch who will be in our wake, sucking up the benefits from our energy.

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

{{{{{{{{{{{QUEENIe}}}}}}}}}}
Das no more to say. It's not what you call me. It's what I answer to. We won't answer to crap.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back