Black Parenting : Playing "Step" Dad

Coach707

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2006
Hi all. Im new to the forum and Im glad that I have a place to unite with positive black people in order to better myself for the sake of the black family, and for the continued effort to empower black America.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on being a step-father to a black child in these trying times. I believe that raising children is one of the more challenging tasks we must face today. My step-son will be 4 on Febuary 3rd, and I know that the older he gets, the bigger the challenges that are to come about.

What are some of your thoughts on successful step-parenting?

Coach707 said:
Hi all. Im new to the forum and Im glad that I have a place to unite with positive black people in order to better myself for the sake of the black family, and for the continued effort to empower black America.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on being a step-father to a black child in these trying times. I believe that raising children is one of the more challenging tasks we must face today. My step-son will be 4 on Febuary 3rd, and I know that the older he gets, the bigger the challenges that are to come about.

Coach welcome to the site! I don't personally have any experience on step-parenting but I just wanted to say welcome brother.

Coach707 said:

What I've found to be the most effective and imo, the most important element in step-parenting is to have a similar mindset on parenthood with that of the mother. If there is a differing of opinion, one of you will have to be allowed to take the lead, and the other will have to support them unequivocally. The child have to see a united front from both parents, and it also strengthen the union of the family. Other than that...have fun and enjoy being a parent.

I salute you and if you're asking others for their opinions, that means that you care...that's the first step.

Just love him Coach707 and treat him as your own. My son has a step-father who just loves him, and I had a step-father who just loved me too. My husband, and my mother do or did nothing special, they just showed us love, compassion, and guided us. My step-father disciplined us (my sisters and I) when needed and always gave us the love and attention we deserved. Do the same to your son and STEP will never even be a word used in your household. Lots of luck.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back