Black People : Play the Race Card by Raina Kelley

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Sep 19, 2009.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    [​IMG]
    Play the Race Card by Raina Kelley
    Why avoiding the issue doesn't help

"Let me say this clearly so there are no misunderstandings: some of the protests against President Obama are howls of rage at the fact that we have an African-American head of state. I'm sick of all the code words used when this subject comes up, so be assured that I am saying exactly what I mean. Oh, and in response to the inevitable complaints that I am playing the race card—race isn't a political parlor game. It is a powerful fault line in a nation that bears the scars of slavery, a civil war, Jim Crow, a mind-numbing number of assassinations, and too many riots to count. It is naive and disingenuous to say otherwise.
    So when Idaho gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell jokes about hunting the president or South Carolina GOP activist Rusty DePass calls an escaped gorilla one of Michelle Obama's ancestors, it's racist. Which, in case of confusion, is the "ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group." (That's from the Oxford English Dictionary, but leave the Brits out of this.) When "Tea Party" leader Mark Williams ap-pears on CNN and speaks of "working-class people" taking "their" country back from a lawfully elected president, he is not just protesting Obama's politics; he is griping over the fact that this country's most powerful positions are no longer just for white men. No, I do not believe that everyone who disagrees with Obama is racist. But racists do exist in this country, and they don't like having a black president..."

2. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    those who put him in power and financed his campaign were well aware of that and the climate it would create

it is a circus, a show, and a staged act

3. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

I'm curious on how to distinguish who is racist and who is not? If you wit a group of ppl that say the things they do wouldn't you be counted as one of them? That sort of thing has been happening for yrs. If a black man does something "All" black men are lumped in one group, why cant whites?

4. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Lets be fair.
    Every president will always have some that don’t agree with him.
    But with Obama some will expect him to have special treatment and don’t disagree with anything he says because he is black. And if you do then it is because of race.
    And we have to face the fact that we demand much more from whites. We are ten times more likely to vote for someone based on race alone.

5. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I couldn't agree more......

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    President Obama is damned either way.

When racists attack him and Michelle, Whites wanna say Black people are "playing the race card. "

When Blacks support him, Whites AND some Blacks say we're only doing so because he's Black.

He's bi-racial but he's too Black for the White folks and not Black enough for some Black folks.

If he pushes legislation in favor of minorities, Whites say he's being biased.

And if he doesn't push gains for minorities, Blacks say he's betrayed us.

The man can't win.

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Now, I remember Obama saying that the officer acted "stupidly;" but just what else did he say that could have possibly been construed as "racist?!"

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    The race cards real strategy is to get Black folks to embrace, protect and defend, neocon policies after they have been given a "Black image"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raina kelley play the race card evaluation