Black Women : Plastic surgery

CarrieMonet said:
I wouldn't alter my face or have liposuction but I have considered having a mini tummy tuck to fix my stomach. This is only because of the C-section I had 16 years ago, my stomach has never been the same. I hate that there is a slight bulge or hardness in my tummy that will not go away no matter what I've tried to do.
If you have the money and are in good health. check out the pros and cons. go for it I am sure many people have something about themselves they would like to change, it may not be nose or lips. I'm sure many people who have had children like the pre-pregnancy shape. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to have the tummy you were given before kids.

It's a matter of personal choice to me.....Would I get any p.s. probably not---My body doesn't react very well to a lot of things and the healing process might not go the way I want it to. But I haven't ruled it out......I'm a dancer and a vain person :star: , ANd 10 years from now boobs and a facelift might be exactly what I want. I don't fear getting older, but I know in my business a mid-30's face just isn't gonna cut it.

cojamalik said:
I think every person has to make that decision for themselves. I had plastic surgery, I was up the same day. It was not a bad experience for me. I don't regret it. I am very satisfied.
For the people out there that say that it is vain, low self esteem or whateve,. they are being judgemental. If I had it to do all over again I would make the same decision. Maybe 5 or 10 years down the line I may change my opinion on this. To have plastic surgery was a decision I made after years of thought.

Sister, that's your choice and your right. I don't consider you vain or having low self esteem. Right now, I'm almost 47 years old and blessed with good facial features and can pass for a woman in her 30s. People tell me that I look young enough to be my 24-year old daughter's big sister (smile) which she hates.

I don't think I would do it, but perhaps in the future...I don't know.