Black Women : Plastic surgery

Pharaoh Jah said:
I agree with everything you said but you kind of threw me off when you list "Braces for our teeth" as a self alteration..... Are you saying that crooked teeth that are all out of place shouldn't be fixed? Self-alteration is one thing but correct hygene is another.

Greetings Pharoah Jah! :wave:

How are you defining hygiene? I'm not sure I understand what you meant but here's my reaction. If I'm off base, just let me know.

Everything written here is all about choices. Unless for medical reasons and not all situations are, even choosing to straighten crooked teeth with braces is a choice that many people can make. Because one's teeth aren't straight doesn't mean the person suffers from 'incorrect' or poor hygiene anymore than women being born to have very large breasts or very small breasts is.

If a person doesn't like prunish looking breasts or crooked teeth, it's not a health hazard or the result of poor hygiene and can choose to do absolutely nothing about them. However, If they want perky or larger breasts, or want to straighter crooked teeth, they have the OPTION to do something about it. Do you agree with that?

I think the point here is that it's really up to the individual to decide what they want to do and to maintain their right to choose.

Peace :spinstar:

NNQueen said:
Greetings Pharoah Jah! :wave:

How are you defining hygiene? I'm not sure I understand what you meant but here's my reaction. If I'm off base, just let me know.

Everything written here is all about choices. Unless for medical reasons and not all situations are, even choosing to straighten crooked teeth with braces is a choice that many people can make. Because one's teeth aren't straight doesn't mean the person suffers from 'incorrect' or poor hygiene anymore than women being born to have very large breasts or very small breasts is.

If a person doesn't like prunish looking breasts or crooked teeth, it's not a health hazard or the result of poor hygiene and can choose to do absolutely nothing about them. However, If they want perky or larger breasts, or want to straighter crooked teeth, they have the OPTION to do something about it. Do you agree with that?

I think the point here is that it's really up to the individual to decide what they want to do and to maintain their right to choose.

Peace :spinstar:

You're right, it's the individual's choice however, I personally view straighter teeth like someone maintaining a neat and clean image. But that's just me.

I feel like this, if you don't like me the way I am, then **** you. God made me how he wanted me to be, and that's the way I am going to be. I used to wear makeup, fake nails and weave in my younger days but now I am just me, plain and simple. You either like me or you don't. I like me the way I am. But at far as what another person does with their body that is their own business, who am I to judge.

I wouldn't alter my face or have liposuction but I have considered having a mini tummy tuck to fix my stomach. This is only because of the C-section I had 16 years ago, my stomach has never been the same. I hate that there is a slight bulge or hardness in my tummy that will not go away no matter what I've tried to do.