Black Astrology : Planting by the Signs...

Aqil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 3, 2001
New York
One of the earlier reasons for looking towards the Heavens for guidance was to insure the fertility of crops. My intention in this thread is to provide basic and concise information that, if followed, will help you raise a healthy garden with a high yield. Needless to say, there are many other important factors in raising a garden, such as weather, soil, compost, irrigation and most important, love. For best results, both the Moon's phase and sign should be considered. If possible, plan plantings ahead of time for periods when both indications are favorable.

Planting by the Moon’s Phases

The term “waxing” means the Moon’s light is increasing. The term “waning” means the Moon’s light is decreasing.

First Quarter during the waxing Moon from the New Moon until the half Moon. Crops to be planted during this period include above ground plants such as lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, brussel sprouts, spinach, kohlrabi, parsley, cauliflower and other leafy annuals (plants living only one season). Grains are best planted in the first quarter, as well as cucumbers, even though there are seeds in the fruit. These plants will also do well when planted during the Second Quarter.

Second Quarterduring the waxing Moon from the half Moon until the Full Moon. At this time all aboveground annuals that carry their seeds in the fruit should be planted. These include tomatoes, peppers, melons, squash, pumpkins, eggplant, beans and peas. These may also be planted during the First Quarter if it isn't possible to plant them during the Second.

Third Quarterduring the waning Moon from the Full Moon until the half Moon. This is the time to plant all root crops such as potatoes, onions, radishes, beets, turnips, carrots and parsnips. It is also a good time to plant biennials, perennials, winter wheat, trees, shrubs, berries and grapes.

Fourth Quarterduring the waning Moon from the half Moon until the New Moon. All of the Third-Quarter crops can also be planted now, but this period is best used for destroying weeds and killing pests. Cultivation is also best done in this Quarter, especially with the Moon in Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Sagittarius or Aquarius.

Planting by the Moon-Sign

Aries – dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and insects. Also a good sign for cultivation. Onions sets can be planted when the Moon is in Aries.

Taurus – Moist and productive. Good for planting root crops and leafy vegetables.

Gemini – Dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and insects. Also good for cultivation.

Cancer – Moist and very productive. Best sign for planting of all kinds, especially aboveground crops. Excellent time to irrigate.

Leo – Very dry and barren. Worst sign for planting. Best for killing weeds and pests. Good for cultivation.

Virgo – Moist but barren. Good for killing weeds and insects. Also good for cultivation.

Libra – Moist and fairly fruitful. Good for hay, corn, fodder. Rapid growth of pulp. Very good for flowers.

Scorpio – Moist and very productive. Very good for all plants, especially vines. Also good for irrigation,

Sagittarius – Dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and insects and for cultivation. Onions and hay can be planted under this sign.

Capricorn – Fairly moist, fruitful. Good for root crops.

Aquarius – Dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and pests and for cultivation.

Pisces – Moist and very fruitful. Very productive, especially for root crops. Good for irrigation.

Cut timber when the Moon is waning. It will be dryer and tends to preserve better. Harvest crops – especially fruits – when the Moon is waning and in a dry sign, as bruises will dry rather than rot. Set fence posts during a waning Moon. Irrigate in a moist sign. Prune in the Third Quarter when the Moon is in Scorpio...

Hey Aqil, :wave:

What invaluable information. Even though I don't garden, nor do I have space to garden I do have a pretty good green thumb and have had some success with plants and flowers. I usually plant my bulbs in early spring and cover them to keep the suqirrles, raccons and deer from eating them. ( yes I live in the city). So could you give the same or similar infomation regarding flowers and plants?

Your sister
Remby

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back