Black People : Plagiarism

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, May 19, 2009.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Plagiarism

I am supporting DESTEE on what ever SHE decides to do.

Should $$RICH$$ recieve a banning period. Yes.. but that is up DeSTEE how long.

Should he at least remove the entire thread where poems have been questioned?

Maybe..maybe not. That again is up to DESTEE.

I see dozens in my one example and I don't need dozens to know.
    It is subject to how much you want to drive it.

He is Admin. Should Remain Admin.

I still have respect for him.

For if my respect hinged only on him taking a line or two here or there.

That is weak and shallow character on my part.

I would have to be laying in wait for my chance to strike his juggler vein. Or at this SITE to HURT DESTEE.

Isn't something anyone wants to be labeled of doing. The Scarlet Letter.
    " T " ( thief )

If he were selling a poem for profit, selling a story or book. That clearly contains multiple whole passages of someones else's work. That would be WRONG!

Then he is truly taking credit and being COMPENSATED for someone else's work. Without effort instilled into it from his own mind. Then he is GUILTY. He should not receive a grade if this was done In COLLEGE.

In High School. Everyone one has done it. CHEATED on a Paper or Exam. What crooks folks can be. What a thief. Hoping no one found out.

Up against a wall and without a crib note. Even in High School. Are purchased with text changed just enough to fit your subject matter. Hoping it isn't enough of someone else's research and work that you could get a grade and get out of that class.

=========================
    http://www.google.com/search?q=%22promise+to+you+yet+again+my+unconditional+love+and+devotion%22&hl=en&start=0&sa=N

I ran $$RICH$$ poem
    Thru a free plagiarism tool found on the web.

It came back with the claimed poem #67 at the top of the results.

There are also several dozens results.

From dozens of non related post and poems that use this same line. Some from all the world. Some that were translated.

LOOK at all of them I only did this one.
    I am convinced that a line here or there is no big deal.
    If that was the case. WE ALL ARE GUILTY.

For every word in the English dictionary is someone else's.

NOT YOURS or MINE and subject to be phrased and used without quoting. The Thesaurus and Webster.

Too there are some old wounds still out there.

Most of you are former Moderators and are leading this charge.

Did Destee hurt your feelings?
    Upset you?

Are you a plant from that OTHER SITE. Where the originator hates DESTEE?

Are you upset that you are no longer on the team?

Mad because you are no longer. One of the Head *****'s in charge?

Haters have been coming here for Three years that I know of DISRUPTING my peace.

I pay as as a Member so I don't have to spend time over at BET, BLACK PLANET where women get nude and advertise their stripper skills.

I don't have to spend time over at the OTHER SITE ( THE HATER NATION ) and I was invited years ago to bail here. Over there they preach HATE. Mostly against DESTEE.

Destee's Manta leave if you don't like it here.

Is based on. Those Hates are here. She knows they are here.

Both as Regular Members, and as Premium Members.

If you think being a Premium Membership buys you a No ban ...wrist ban into this park. You are mistaken.

TIME.. priceless.. her to me and Others ( MOD's) that spend time here babysitting you.

So you don't fight and hurt each other with your bad attitudes and evil ways. You use up space where my stuff can be housed and safe for years.

I pay because she promised unlike AOL to keep my work on line so I can access it.

================================================
    To investigate possible plagiarism, click on any of the "possible plagiarism" links in the table below. You will be referred to the source material for you to make an informed decision about the content of your student's paper.

NOTE: You should also find the text in question in your student's paper to see if the text under suspicion is a quotation. (The premium version automatically ignores most quoted text.)

==================================
    http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/?
    =====================================

RESULTS of this so call reliable CHECKER

I pasted the entire poem into this thing.

The plagiarism detector has analyzed the following text segments, and did not find any instances of plagiarism:

promise to you yet again my unconditional love and devotion - Possible Plagiarism

single kiss the intensity of your love so incredibly devine - OKResults: Unknown - investigate with links above

Error: The program did not get enough substantial input.

This program is designed for entire papers, not short phrases or sentences.
    Don't paste a file with line-breaks between sentences.
    =============================================

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    opinions are like @ssholes....
    everyone has one....

maybe ur poems have lines from other poets...
    but i dare u to find one of mines...

lol....just when u think the drama is ova....
    wow....

one love
    khasm

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and the Family!

Thank you HODEE for providing a fresh and detailed outlook upon all of this, and for representing the other side of the coin, so to speak...Peace In, for real.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother HODEE ... thanks for your love and support.

Since Brother DSS isn't here to host his class tomorrow night, i'm gonna be filling in that time, speaking on all that is and has gone on.

Yes, for those that can't stand to hear me go on and on ... know ... i will be doing that tomorrow night, so you may want to stay away.

I will be speaking on everything, and elaborating on why i've taken the positions i have ... hoping to bring some healing to this mess.

Brother HODEE ... i do hope you can make it in.

I'm hoping, as usual, that Brother OldSoul does my regularly scheduled time, which hasn't beein mine for a very long time ... Thank You Brother OldSoul ... :love: ... so he'll be coming directly after me.

Yes, we have haters ... right here in the house with us ... and if this is what it takes to get rid of them, so be it.

The unfortunate part of that scenario though, is that history has proven, no matter what we/i do ... no matter how much they claim to hate it here, hate me, this community ... so dissatisfied with the way we do ... they just can't seem to stay away. Can't keep destee, or what's going on here, off their mind. Weirdest thing i've ever experienced. I guess haters do have their place and purpose, as Kat Williams so eloquently said. God Bless 'Em.

Love You Brother HODEE! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

5. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    I dont think so shug...

Hodee... this is not high school baby come on now.

I agree with you in part, if D is okay with Rich's plagarisms then so be it.

HOWEVER... I aint never plagarized NOTHIN from NOBODY not now not in highschool as a matter of a fact I ABHOR cheaters.

I would think you felt the same with so much of your poetry speaking about loyalty and such.

To be quite frank... I discovered Rich's plagarisms myself before it was ever revealed to this board. Thats right I found the first plagarized piece months ago and would soon find more to come... because I send my at risk youth here to Destee.com for examples of poetry. Honest open discussion regarding religion, etc.

A few of them have quoted Brother Metascience, Brother Isaiah, Sister Alexandra...etc... in some of their Black Pride pieces for our community fundraisers.

HOWEVER... how someone chooses to represent themself is completely up to them.

Brother Rich & I havent always seen eye to eye on things but I do believe he loves this site.

I even believe that he doesnt think he did anything wrong.

So... thats that.

Brother Khasms mentioning of the plagarisms came out as a result of Brother Soja's suspension.

We as a people, are a passionate group of individuals. So he got upset lol.

Rightfully so, seeing as how Brotha So'ja & Brother Khasm are very much poetic lyrical kindred spirits. I wasnt pleased with the way the suspension was handled either but again... its done... Brother Keita is back and soon... Brother Soja will be back.

I dont think Brother Khasm is a hater for mentioning it ( and no he aint no kin of mine or a baby daddy so I have NO ties to this brother besides a mutual respect as such that I have attained for many here on Destee.com)

I dont think Brother Rich is out to destroy poetry. (It existed before him in 1913 Im sure it will continue to exist after him)

I also dont think that NEW threads regarding this subject matter are beneficial NOR will they change anything.

It was brought out.

It was said.

The family has seen it.

D has made her decision.

I can respect that.

I aint gotta agree with it lol but Destee is as formidable as she is beautiful ;) she dont need me to agree with her to know I care.

AND if you wanna go logical... wouldnt calling someone a "HATER" be considered a hater move :?: lol

I mean really fam... lets move along.

Whats done is done. Lets welcome back Keita :wave:

and dont nobody sleep on So'ja bed cause he like his stuff the way he left it :read:

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    lol Sister Triniti ... this is so like you ... :love: ... well, everything you said is so like you ... but the above made me really smile!

I / we do have haters, and acknowledging them, knowing they exist ... even being thankful for them to some degree ... aint necessarily a hater move.

I know you addressed that to Brother HODEE, but i mentioned the haters too.

No matter though Sister ... i hope you can make it to chat tomorrow night @ 8 pm ET ... as i'm going to try and pull us all through this, in the very best of manners.

It's a trying situation, to say the least. It's not good. But it is, and we have to deal with it, the best way we can.

Love You Sister! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Triniti424,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well said Trin, said well indeed...my sister friend.

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    yeah what triniti said....lol
    i wish i could talk like that....

one love
    khasm

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

:heart:Destee:heart:,

This milestone class on Wednesday that you will be hosting has top focus and priorty on my schedule with its historical trappings; again Destee, you are correct that mentioning something does not make you that something mentioned, in my view...Peace In my sister Friend, for real.

10. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Thanks brother
    You are correct and right I am relaxing on one, and expressing the other. Just like you.

That wasn't in my post.

No my poetry does not have lines from others. Others do spark inspiration in what I write. In referencing that inspauiration if words are found in there you or anyone feel is thief or disagree with. Let me know. I would not want to upset.

I tought it was over too. I thought you put it to rest yesterday. If it was on your mind when you woke. I can understand that.