Bread Pasta Recipe : PIZZA - make it yaself!

Alkebulan

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 17, 2002
boringham, alabama
Occupation
slacker
i'll admit it here, I LUV PIZZA. :kiss2: evun thou i'm afrocentric, hey, we're still a ppl that share, adopt, & educate ourselves w the best that we find n other cultures. besides, when i make it, my pizza's r afrocentric (@ least n my mind, lol)

o k, now 4 som greesin:

for the crust u'll need:

2 1/2 to 3 cups all purpose flower

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 (1/4 oz) packet rapid rise yeast

1 1/2 teaspoon salt (f ur hypertensive, use a salt substitute)

1 cup warm water (120 - 130 F)

2 tablespoons oil

2 tablespoons cinimon (optional, f u like cinamon)

o k, n ur favorite mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flower, sugar, salt, yeast, & cinnamon (all the dry ingrediants) & gradually add the combined water & oil. blend this together until it's all moist & then, f u hv a mixer, giv it 2 minutes @ medium speed OR by hand, gradually stir in the 1 to 1 1/2 cups of flour until the dough easily pulls away from the bowl. (this is the hardest part, i promise

on a flat surface, knead n 1/4 to 1/2 cup of flower until the dough is (relatively) smooth & elastic - about 8 - 10 minutes. (f ur making this 4 ppl u hate, this is when u add the glue )

cover w aluminum or plastic wrap & let stand 4 about 10 min. then, set the oven to 450f & let it heat up while u roll it out to fit a (preferably, non stick) 12" pizza pan. pre-bake the crust for 5 min (this is optional too)

INSERT: as an alternative, f u really, really, luv pizza (as i do), save urself a bunch of labor & jus buy a breadmaker. the cost isn't absorbident, esp f ur cheap & wait 4 a sale (like me). i bought a sunbeam & it makes xcellent pizza crusts. u simply combine all the ingredients, program the timer (2 steps), & 90 min later, u hv ur pizza crust (uncooked).

now comes the fun part - the toppings.

i've discovered u can put virtually any food on top of a pizza u wish, provided it's prepared properly. the following is my favorite:

spread out tomato paste evenly over ur crust but leave a small rim uncovered. (paste on the edges will burn sometimes). u can also use tomato soup w/o the water added - works just as well.

slice & dice two whole tomatoes, pre-cook 1/2 lb of sausage, ground beef, or, whateva ur current artery clogging cholesterol elevator is :haha: & slice that up also. f ur a veggitarian, no problemo, jus slice up ur favorite veggies & spread them out as well.

TIP: place the majority of ur toppings on the outer 2/3 of the pie; that's where most of it is anyway, & it will make ur slices ez er 2 handle when u eat them.

now, f u really want ur pizza's 2 taste gr8 & even betta than those from the chains, CHEESE is where it's at. on my 12" pies, i use the entire contents of an 8oz package of shreaded cheese - either chedder or mozzarella or som combo of the two. i kno, it sounds like a lot, but u will taste the difference, i assure u. now, half of that 12" pizza is an entire meal - even for me, & i used to eat an entire large w 2 toppings from the franchise places.

there r endless varieties of cheeses & toppings, & f u xperiment, u will b rewarded 4 ur creativity & become instantly mor popular w ur lazy, overweight, greedy neighbors & friends besides!

oh, almost forgot - once u get the toppings spread out, put the cheeses on last please - it sort of glues the other toppings together n much the same way as it lines ur arteries - :haha: : - then bake the entire mess n the oven @ 450 for about 12 minutes.

disclaimer: f u decide to eat this 3 or 4 times a week, go ahead & get ur name on the heart transplant list now, so as to avoid the rush :SuN034:

enjoy!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back