Black Poetry : Pittsbugh online newspaper

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
After you told me about the shooting I went to the Pittsbugh online newspaper. Its scary to find out this man was killed on Penn ave. I mentioned Penn Ave in my poem without having a clue of this shooting victim. I'm from Michigan. Here's a brief press release:

Three Pittsburgh police officers followed proper procedure in the shooting death of an armed Garfield man who had led them on a high-speed chase through his neighborhood, city police officials said Tuesday.

"We are still very much in the middle of this investigation, but I see no evidence that the officers did anything wrong," Assistant Chief William Mullen said.

Two of 12 bullets fired by the officers struck James B. Lewis, 36, in the back of the head, killing him as he sat in his Plymouth Sundance in the 5300 block of Penn Avenue about 8 p.m. Monday.

Dre,

When I read your post your mentioning Penn Ave raised an eyebrow. Go figure!..........
This sort of thing has been going on here for YEARS! and each time after time after time.........it's justifiable police force. KKK members can just join the police force and be given the authority to murder who they hate. Such a sad thing. The black man has so much up against him.

Madd Sistahly Love :heart:
CCBSKYN

Dre.....

When I read Pen Av in your poem, thats the same thing I thought.
I grew up in Garfield. In the last 4 years the Pittsburgh Police have killed at least 5 Black Men and all were released on justifiable homicide. The policeman who killed one man was given
a medal and a raise. He was believed to be in the order of a group known as the Blue Knights....I don't think I need to tell you what that means. The Policemen who choked to death Johnny Gammage also got off, that was downright murder, and one of men was thought to be responsible for killing his girlfriend 1 or 2 years earlier. Dre they are gettin away with this all over the country.....its sad and unfortunate and I think with this new law of racial profiling it will bring about the perfect scenerio for justifying homicide.

Gives to thought this poem I wrote......

ASSUME A POSITION

BLACK MAN UNDER FIRE
ENEMY OF THE STATE
BRANDED AND FOLLOWED
SEARCH AND LOCATE
PROJECT ERADICATE
CIVIL RIGHTS ARE VIOLATED
SIMPLISTICALLY IGNORED
MODERN DAY COLLAR
WITHOUT THE CHAINS
ASSUME A POSITION
BLACK MAN OF FATE
ANOTHER EXAMPLE
OF FEAR AND HATE

Epiphany(C)2001

Sis,

Don't forget the woman they shot down and kill(murdered) in the Hill District a few months back and just last week the courts found the police officers acted with jusifiable police force.......she was shot in the head........seems to me there was some sort of aim there.....but they said, (many officers were present) they feared for their safety.

My poem, War On The Black Man. Check it out. I'll repost it.
He's trying to be DESTROYED!........... WHY?
We better get together(UNITY) That and GOD! is our only defense.

Madd Sistahly Love :heart:
CCBSKYN

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back