Somewhere along his life's path, he certainly dropped the ball
He also drives a big truck because even his penis is small

Yet all through his cellophane facade, he still tries to flex
But what he's really got is "THE LITTLE MAN'S COMPLEX."

ani-emoticon-insecure.gif

I mean no harm here, please understand

Black Poetry : Pitifully Petty
cherryblossom

I am merely here to suggest take another look at your title.

I am in NO way trying to be funny.

Before we take a shot at someone, just look both ways first.

Again I'm saying this with all due respect. Just an observation about taking another look at your title, because that title is next to your name.

Once I named a thread "Dumb F***" on another site. Then when I read it on the front page. I said "hey that's next to my name" lol. So I changed it.

Of course i'm not asking that you change it. I'm just merely making an observation. Please understand I have good intentions.

Thanks.

Such a small, small man, within and without
All because he's unhappy with himself and filled w/self-doubt

To make himself feel BIGGER, he puts others down
But when given a return volley, he puts on a frown

His obvious low self-esteem metastasizes like a cancerous tumor
And as long as he's the server, he excuses insults as just his "quirky humor"

Oh, when he laughs at another's expense, everything is fine, bright & sunny
But when he's the butt of the joke, suddenly, it aint quite so funny

Somewhere along his life's path, he certainly dropped the ball
He also drives a big truck because even his penis is small

Yet all through his cellophane facade, he still tries to flex
But what he's really got is "THE LITTLE MAN'S COMPLEX."

Black Poetry : Pitifully Petty
cherryblossom

I am merely here to suggest take another look at your title.

I am in NO way trying to be funny.

Before we take a shot at someone, just look both ways first.

Again I'm saying this with all due respect. Just an observation about taking another look at your title, because that title is next to your name.

Once I named a thread "Dumb F***" on another site. Then when I read it on the front page. I said "hey that's next to my name" lol. So I changed it.

Of course i'm not asking that you change it. I'm just merely making an observation. Please understand I have good intentions.

Thanks.

Thank you, Brother Hellogood for your observation.

However, I wrote THIS poem over a year ago....Actually, except for a few response pieces, ALL of the poems I've posted here are OLD pieces.

I just haven't been inspired to write much lately. I used to write everyday.

But, I do have all my poetry SAVED and when I read another poem that reminds me of one of mine, I'll sometimes post it.

That is what happened with THIS one....I was reminded of it from Sister Moham's piece, "E(go)motion."

Now, the real-life SUBJECT of THIS piece is a man who lives in Atlanta, GA. He's 52 y/o and he IS a "Pitifully Petty" man! ---Yes, he drives a big truck; and, yes, (unfortunately for ME) I happen to personally KNOW that his PENIS is SMALL. :lol: And after I noted these other characteristics in him, I wrote THIS poem.

So, you really shouldn't ASSUME that I am "taking a shot at someone."

But, if anyone else reads this poem and sees himself in it, then that is NOT my fault. :cool:

HERE is the exchange which pricked my memory on THIS poem...

Originally Posted by moham
Thank you for the welcome, the words of praise, and for sharing your thoughts with me. I really appreciate it.

To be honest, I could only outline the ego 'so accurately', because of observations of my own thought and behavior patterns connected to my own 'ego'. But also that of others. There is a lot of ego energy going around in the world, admitted and denied, by male and female. I so agree with you about some little egos never finding the right the size. Here I was just playing with some abstract thought about the ego growing when feeling small and opposed when too big, like a balloon, but always (and this I believe strongly) being pushed or pulled, whether we are aware of that or not, in to balance (by circumstances, people, by energy, by the universe ), until we become aware. Because there is, to put it in your words, a 'water level', a healthy or constructive state for the 'ego' to be in, a state where you rightfully and forcefully (not agressively) claim your place in the world, your community, the workplace etc. When you can objectively value yourself for what you are worth and thus others. I could go on and on about this subject, as you can see, because it interests me a lot. I saw a topic in another forum today concerning the ego, maybe i should head that way to sharpen the thoughts .

Fabulous observations here! :toast:

Actually, you made me think of a piece I wrote last year about "egos."

I think I'll post it....

AND I have another old piece about "ego" as well.

I think I'll post it.....

Now, the real-life SUBJECT of THIS piece is a man who lives in Atlanta, GA. He's 52 y/o and he IS a "Pitifully Petty" man! ---Yes, he drives a big truck; and, yes, (unfortunately for ME) I happen to personally KNOW that his PENIS is SMALL. :lol: And after I noted these other characteristics in him, I wrote THIS poem.

So, you really shouldn't ASSUME that I am "taking a shot at someone."

You said this piece was is a REAL LIFE subject, then you say i shouldn't assume you're taking a shot at someone, whether you're taking a shot or have taken the shot, you'll still shot. lol

So this is directed at someone who that maybe makes no difference, i just want making an observation that your title is next to your name that's all, I appreciate your openness.

Looking forward to your next post.

You said this piece was is a REAL LIFE subject, then you say i shouldn't assume you're taking a shot at someone, whether you're taking a shot or have taken the shot, you'll still shot. lol

So this is directed at someone who that maybe makes no difference, i just want making an observation that your title is next to your name that's all, I appreciate your openness.

Looking forward to your next post.

Well, you DO have a point about that "taking a shot" part. lol

But, trust, I wasn't just "taking a shot." ---I was shooting for "Two in the chest and one in the head will sho make SURE that sucka is DEAD!" :lol:

Actually, when I read Sister Moham's piece, "E(go)motion," I thought to myself, "Does SHE know him TOO?!" lol

And, whether it's "next to my name" or not, it doesn't reflect me.

Thanks again, though!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back