Black People : Pistol Packin' Granny Nearly Guns down burglar

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Pistol packin' granny nearly guns down burglar

By theGrio

12:48 PM on 04/22/2010

Beatrice Turner's Des Moines, Iowa house is getting a new door. The new one might just keep someone safe.

Early Tuesday morning, Des Moines Police arrested a man outside Turner's east side home. His name is Nelson McAlpine and he might just be the luckiest man in Iowa. He walked up to Turner's house around 5:15 a.m.

"This gentleman was just pounding on the door with both hands and I went to the front door and I peeked and I said 'You must have the wrong house'," Turner explained.

Did he ever.

While McAlpine started kicking in the door, Turner calmly went to her bedside table, took out her .22 caliber pistol, and returned to the front room to meet the intruder. When he wouldn't leave she opened fired.

Her shot missed. The police arrived to arrest McAlpine and to reload Beatrice Turner's gun. The 89-year-old says she wasn't scared, and won't be now.

"Long as they're on the outside, I won't bother you, but coming in, I was taught to defend myself," she said. WATCH VIDEO

The Real Madea!!! :SuN049:

What do you consider an appropriate age?

They should be taught to shoot when they are old enough to handle the recoil. Then when they are old enough to understand why they were taught to defend themselves and act responsibly, continue from there. but they need to be taught to shoot straighter than Beatrice.
guy was lucky the article says she traded in a shotgun for the pistol 30 years ago, with a shotgun she would not have missed.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back